Where are your seats at TD Garden US Nats 2014? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Where are your seats at TD Garden US Nats 2014?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
No worries. I have never seen an event where they didn't let the skating fans out for food...the restaruants would tar and feather the LOC otherwise....
As far as kickouts, here is the official party line:
The all-event practice pass will allow entry to Smucker’s Skating Spectacular rehearsals throughout the competitive day Sunday, with the exception of the Men’s Exhibition Rehearsal. After the conclusion of competition and awards on Sunday afternoon, the TD Garden arena will be cleared. Doors will open one hour prior to the show for spectators holding tickets to the Smucker’s Skating Spectacular.

I will ask Susan about the pitch

Are you considering contacting Susan about this? I could ask on FSU, but have no idea what response I'll get....you know what I mean :rolleye:.

I did ask a question yesterday about whether the arena would be cleared in between events...for example on Thursday when there are 3 ticketed sessions. Most arenas have taken to scanning all the tickets and giving you a hand stamp or bracelet and you are good for the whole day. I don't remember seeing anything about how TDGarden will handle this. The least desirable option IMO is forcing everyone out and back through security.

I did notice that TDGarden has a no reentry policy. So, if you have 2 events on one ticket and watch the first and think you can duck out for lunch and come back later in the second event that will most likely not be allowed...bummer.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Here is another small tidbit: No water fountains at TDGarden (not sure about BCEC). At hockey games, they take the bottle cap away if you buy soda or water. Don't know what they will do for FS.

Actually, what I meant in my other post is the official policy is no reentry. So, if you have a ticket with 2 events but you want to run out and buy a snack, you will not be allowed in to watch the rest of the competition. Maybe you can get around that policy if Customer Service okays it....but check if you want to do this. Most of the Nationals I've been to they just scan you out and back in, but I'm not sure that will work at TDGarden.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Here is another small tidbit: No water fountains at TDGarden (not sure about BCEC). At hockey games, they take the bottle cap away if you buy soda or water. Don't know what they will do for FS.

Actually, what I meant in my other post is the official policy is no reentry. So, if you have a ticket with 2 events but you want to run out and buy a snack, you will not be allowed in to watch the rest of the competition. Maybe you can get around that policy if Customer Service okays it....but check if you want to do this. Most of the Nationals I've been to they just scan you out and back in, but I'm not sure that will work at TDGarden.

Good to know. I'll be sure to pack some snacks!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'll be sitting in Section 10, Row 16, Seat 6 (folding chair). Doris and Mr. Ski will be directly across the arena!

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Actually I think there are water fountains. I'm sure it's a law that requires some water fountains. There aren't many and you will need to look for them, but I don't recall purchasing water in 2001. Some of the policies have changed since then but the arena's basic structure is still the same. The big think I do remember was the toilets didn't flush very well (the arena was almost brand new) so we always went up to the top level where the water pressure seemed to be better. I'm sure that problem has been fixed by now.

As for pitch - it's not shallow like Cleveland - it's normal. I don't recall having any problems seeing over people there. I have vivid memories of lady's free skate and watching Angela Nikadinov have that great skate - no trouble seeing anything, and I was in the lower bowl, directly across from the judges about half-way up.

I also have vivid memories of the Hartsells falling in practice - very scary.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've never been to TD Garden, but several articles from 2010 mention water fountains being removed because they were under utilized and vandalized. All concession stands are supposed to give a free cup of water at a guests request. Also, a free cup of water is supposed to be available from the first aid office and guest relations. I generally used arena water fountains to refill my empty bottle. I hope there are fountains.

Glad the lower bowl isn't shallow. I know that caused a lot of people a problem in Cleveland!

Actually I think there are water fountains. I'm sure it's a law that requires some water fountains. There aren't many and you will need to look for them, but I don't recall purchasing water in 2001. Some of the policies have changed since then but the arena's basic structure is still the same. The big think I do remember was the toilets didn't flush very well (the arena was almost brand new) so we always went up to the top level where the water pressure seemed to be better. I'm sure that problem has been fixed by now.

As for pitch - it's not shallow like Cleveland - it's normal. I don't recall having any problems seeing over people there. I have vivid memories of lady's free skate and watching Angela Nikadinov have that great skate - no trouble seeing anything, and I was in the lower bowl, directly across from the judges about half-way up.

I also have vivid memories of the Hartsells falling in practice - very scary.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I suppose it is possible there is no re-entry but I am betting that the official ARENA policy doesn't mean anything at a week long USFS event. It was designed for two hour events....I have never seen a skating event with no re-entry...they might keep you outside till the second event is "loading" but that would be about it. If an arena is promoting an event, they want you to stay and eat their junk food and not cause more lines outside.....in our case, the LOC had to get sponsors like restaurant associations to buy into the promotion and they would want people to come and go.

They take the flippin' CAP away from your water??? So now I have to bring caps????? Or hide little empty bottles in big coats.... what do they do about folks that need water on their persons for medications???? So sad...pay toilets are next.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
The questions I have about reentry and clearing the arena which I posted on FSU haven't been answered. Last night I sent an email to the LOC about those 2 things. I'm curious about this since after looking at the schedule I can see where I might want to watch a part of a competition, go down to North Station and eat at McDonalds, then return to the second part of the other competition which is on the same ticket. Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but with prices in the Garden, I am seriously considering it.

The other issue about clearing the arena brings to mind a situation I had in Portland. I was in the Rose Garden, bought some soda and then realized that very shortly I was going across the plaza to Memorial Coliseum to watch a practice. I was not able to take my recently purchased $3.50 soda across the plaza and into Memorial Coliseum. I can see the same thing happening in Boston.

Anyway, I'm probably just overthinking this whole thing....please forgive me...:laugh:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There are now mixed reports on the bottle cap issue. Some people report that the cap is taken while someone posting today on FSU says they were allowed to keep the cap. Who knows, maybe you have to look very sweet and non-threatening and they allow you to keep the cap. By the way they sell Dasani (CocaCola product) water and price reports are $3.50 to $5.00 for a 20oz bottle. Reports on beer are $7.50 for Sam Adams to $8.00 for a Bud Light Draft.

I suppose it is possible there is no re-entry but I am betting that the official ARENA policy doesn't mean anything at a week long USFS event. It was designed for two hour events....I have never seen a skating event with no re-entry...they might keep you outside till the second event is "loading" but that would be about it. If an arena is promoting an event, they want you to stay and eat their junk food and not cause more lines outside.....in our case, the LOC had to get sponsors like restaurant associations to buy into the promotion and they would want people to come and go.

They take the flippin' CAP away from your water??? So now I have to bring caps????? Or hide little empty bottles in big coats.... what do they do about folks that need water on their persons for medications???? So sad...pay toilets are next.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Let us know what you find out...I really cant blame them for forbidding food and drink.....at San Jose, they encouraged you to bring in food and drink during the week as they didn't want to open concessions till later.....but most places forbid it. But forbidding caps and taking away small empty water bottles of older, sick, poorer people is just mean.
The questions I have about reentry and clearing the arena which I posted on FSU haven't been answered. Last night I sent an email to the LOC about those 2 things. I'm curious about this since after looking at the schedule I can see where I might want to watch a part of a competition, go down to North Station and eat at McDonalds, then return to the second part of the other competition which is on the same ticket. Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but with prices in the Garden, I am seriously considering it.

The other issue about clearing the arena brings to mind a situation I had in Portland. I was in the Rose Garden, bought some soda and then realized that very shortly I was going across the plaza to Memorial Coliseum to watch a practice. I was not able to take my recently purchased $3.50 soda across the plaza and into Memorial Coliseum. I can see the same thing happening in Boston.

Anyway, I'm probably just overthinking this whole thing....please forgive me...:laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
They can keep the beer! They can confiscate my small water bottle....wonder if the seats have cup holders?

There are now mixed reports on the bottle cap issue. Some people report that the cap is taken while someone posting today on FSU says they were allowed to keep the cap. Who knows, maybe you have to look very sweet and non-threatening and they allow you to keep the cap. By the way they sell Dasani (CocaCola product) water and price reports are $3.50 to $5.00 for a 20oz bottle. Reports on beer are $7.50 for Sam Adams to $8.00 for a Bud Light Draft.