Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Kim Yuna will not compete this GP season

News Kim Yuna will not compete this GP season

This news killed my day
    I already bought my tickets for TEB...

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/full...10900315F.html

Yuna, get well soon.

Custom Title
    Fortunately, it seems like her injury isn't severe at all.

According to an article, she doesn't need to wear a cast and she'll be recovered in 3~4 weeks.

Banned
    Yuna get well soon
    hopefully she will compete in 4CC and will be by Olympics

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
    This news killed my day
    I already bought my tickets for TEB...

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/full...10900315F.html

Yuna, get well soon.
    Apparently, the metatarsals are bones in the mid-foot. Based on the comments by the KSU official quoted in the article, it doesn't sound like a complete fracture, which is lucky:

"If she continues to train hard, her injury could worsen," a KSU official said. "She has to slow down and must receive further treatment. She may need further rehab after her treatment."

If it were something like a gross fracture, one would assume that the phrasing of the comment would be somewhat different ("If she continues to train hard...").

I'm sure further details will be forthcoming, and I'm hoping that Yuna can recover quickly from this.

Custom Title
    Well the injuries are already starting to mount up. I was looking forward to all the top skaters competing this season on the GP including Yuna and yes even Evan.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Noooo.....

Custom Title
    Oh, drat!

Custom Title
    Oh no.... I was so looking forward to seeing her new programs. It doesn't sound like a season-ending injury, but that kind of foot injuries can be pesky. I've heard of many nagging cases with soccer players. I hope she allow herself to stay off the ice until it's safe to resume, even if it hurts her chance at the Olympics. I don't want to see her compete in pain again.

speechless.. that's the end of it.. even if it's minor i'm worried that yuna won't be 100 percent.. it's like 2006/2007 again..

Rinkside
    All that sports, Yuna Kim's management said she doesn't have serious injury. She is just injured in the bone, not muscles and not a ligament. And it is micro-injury.
    She thaught whether she goes to TEB or not. (She decided to throw up only SC at first.) But she decided that she will not compete this GP season for perfect condition.

She will do treatment and training at the same time and decide whether she takes part in other games before Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    speechless.. that's the end of it.. even if it's minor i'm worried that yuna won't be 100 percent.. it's like 2006/2007 again..
    Oh well... Do not get so frustrated! You know, we know, who Yuna Kim is. She is the toughest one out there. I am 100 percent sure that she will be in top form in Olympics. And thank god it is rather minor injury, I believe not as serious as hers in 2006-2007 or 2008, right before WC. But I am more concerned about the training facilities she is currently using, especially the crappy ice rink. That ice rink is not exactly for FS in that it has harder ice for speed skating, probably that might be the cause of the injury. And she has to use it until Olympics.... Phew

Quote Originally Posted by bara1968 View Post
    Oh well... Do not get so frustrated! You know, we know, who Yuna Kim is. She is the toughest one out there. I am 100 percent sure that she will be in top form in Olympics. And thank god it is rather minor injury, I believe not as serious as hers in 2006-2007 or 2008, right before WC. But I am more concerned about the training facilities she is currently using, especially the crappy ice rink. That ice rink is not exactly for FS in that it has harder ice for speed skating, probably that might be the cause of the injury. And she has to use it until Olympics.... Phew
    I'm also concerned about her training environment. It's really crappy in Korea.

Custom Title
    Well this is CERTAINLY welcome news for the other ladies who were slotted to compete against her in the series. All of the sudden, titles (and points) are up for grabs BIG TIME.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny88 View Post
    All that sports, Yuna Kim's management said she doesn't have serious injury. She is just injured in the bone, not muscles and not a ligament. And it is micro-injury.
    She thaught whether she goes to TEB or not. But she decided that she will not compete this GP season for perfect condition.

She will do treatment and training at the same time and decide whether she takes part in other games before Sochi.
    Welcome to Golden Skate, jenny88! Post long & often.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Welcome to Golden Skate, jenny88! Post long & often.
    Thank you for your warm welcome. 

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast