Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Kim Yuna will not compete this GP season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Who are you to say how "the Koreans" will react? Not all of the fans who were outraged about the flip call were Korean. (British Eurosport's comments on Yu-Na's SP score and flip call were most interesting, btw.)

Not that that matters to someone willing to make gross generalizations about an entire ethnic population's reaction to an event that hasn't happened yet.
    What about the people who said the South Koreans would bash her if she didn't win? Of course I meant her South Korean fans (as did they). And did I say it was only Korean fans who were outraged by the flip call? No.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    What about the people who said the South Koreans would bash her if she didn't win? Of course I meant her South Korean fans (as did they). And did I say it was only Korean fans who were outraged by the flip call? No.

I don't think Koreans would bash her for not winning at Sochi. They didn't criticize her for not winning 2008 WC or 2011 WC, either.

She seems to have a big chunk of the burden lifted when she won 2010 OGM. She definitely looks more experienced, relaxed and lighthearted this season, compared to her first Olympic season.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Those who keep saying that Yuna wants the easiest route to a second Olympic gold seem to forget last season. Why would she bother going to Worlds then? She could have come back at the last minute like most comeback attempts and not even bother with the season before the Olympics at all. Even Shen/Zhao succeeded this way.

If there was anything that could have put her reputation at risk it was a poor showing at Worlds, not the Grand Prix this season. The easiest route would have been to go for a quick and short comeback starting this season. Not the smartest, but certainly easier, requiring less effort by comparison.

Exactly.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10