Kim Yuna will not compete this GP season | Golden Skate

Kim Yuna will not compete this GP season

Finnstep

Final Flight
Fortunately, it seems like her injury isn't severe at all.

According to an article, she doesn't need to wear a cast and she'll be recovered in 3~4 weeks.

Robeye

Final Flight
This news killed my day :cry:
I already bought my tickets for TEB...

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/full/2013/09/26/17/1200000000AEN20130926010900315F.html

Yuna, get well soon. :bow:
Apparently, the metatarsals are bones in the mid-foot. Based on the comments by the KSU official quoted in the article, it doesn't sound like a complete fracture, which is lucky:

"If she continues to train hard, her injury could worsen," a KSU official said. "She has to slow down and must receive further treatment. She may need further rehab after her treatment."

If it were something like a gross fracture, one would assume that the phrasing of the comment would be somewhat different ("If she continues to train hard...").

I'm sure further details will be forthcoming, and I'm hoping that Yuna can recover quickly from this.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well the injuries are already starting to mount up. I was looking forward to all the top skaters competing this season on the GP including Yuna and yes even Evan. :disapp:

thinspread

On the Ice
Oh no.... I was so looking forward to seeing her new programs. It doesn't sound like a season-ending injury, but that kind of foot injuries can be pesky. I've heard of many nagging cases with soccer players. I hope she allow herself to stay off the ice until it's safe to resume, even if it hurts her chance at the Olympics. I don't want to see her compete in pain again.

cooper

Medalist
speechless.. that's the end of it.. even if it's minor i'm worried that yuna won't be 100 percent.. it's like 2006/2007 again..

jenny88

Spectator
All that sports, Yuna Kim's management said she doesn't have serious injury. She is just injured in the bone, not muscles and not a ligament. And it is micro-injury.
She thaught whether she goes to TEB or not. (She decided to throw up only SC at first.) But she decided that she will not compete this GP season for perfect condition.

She will do treatment and training at the same time and decide whether she takes part in other games before Sochi.

bara1968

On the Ice
speechless.. that's the end of it.. even if it's minor i'm worried that yuna won't be 100 percent.. it's like 2006/2007 again..

Oh well... Do not get so frustrated! You know, we know, who Yuna Kim is. She is the toughest one out there. I am 100 percent sure that she will be in top form in Olympics. And thank god it is rather minor injury, I believe not as serious as hers in 2006-2007 or 2008, right before WC. But I am more concerned about the training facilities she is currently using, especially the crappy ice rink. That ice rink is not exactly for FS in that it has harder ice for speed skating, probably that might be the cause of the injury. And she has to use it until Olympics.... Phew:no:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Oh well... Do not get so frustrated! You know, we know, who Yuna Kim is. She is the toughest one out there. I am 100 percent sure that she will be in top form in Olympics. And thank god it is rather minor injury, I believe not as serious as hers in 2006-2007 or 2008, right before WC. But I am more concerned about the training facilities she is currently using, especially the crappy ice rink. That ice rink is not exactly for FS in that it has harder ice for speed skating, probably that might be the cause of the injury. And she has to use it until Olympics.... Phew:no:

I'm also concerned about her training environment. It's really crappy in Korea.

lcd

Match Penalty
Well this is CERTAINLY welcome news for the other ladies who were slotted to compete against her in the series. All of the sudden, titles (and points) are up for grabs BIG TIME.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
All that sports, Yuna Kim's management said she doesn't have serious injury. She is just injured in the bone, not muscles and not a ligament. And it is micro-injury.
She thaught whether she goes to TEB or not. But she decided that she will not compete this GP season for perfect condition.

She will do treatment and training at the same time and decide whether she takes part in other games before Sochi.

Welcome to Golden Skate, jenny88! Post long & often.

Krislite

Medalist
Sad to hear this. She still has time for later in the season, though, but she's now going to have be extremely careful with her training.

I was afraid if anything was going to set her back, it wasn't nerves or rivals, but injury... :(

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Very crappy news. Hopefully she'll be able to heal completely.

The GP series is now up for grabs, so I'm sure that's great news to everyone who is not Yu-Na Kim. Since Yu-Na will miss the GP, I think debuting her programs at nationals and maybe 4CC would be good enough to put some mileage on them before going to Sochi.

I'm sure she'll be back but in what condition?