Kim Yuna will not compete this GP season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kim Yuna will not compete this GP season

TryMeLater

On the Ice
Very crappy news. Hopefully she'll be able to heal completely.

The GP series is now up for grabs, so I'm sure that's great news to everyone who is not Yu-Na Kim. Since Yu-Na will miss the GP, I think debuting her programs at nationals and maybe 4CC would be good enough to put some mileage on them before going to Sochi.

I'm sure she'll be back but in what condition?

If I were her I would go to NRW trophy again, or to the Golden Spin in order to have enough time to tweak the programs before 4CC.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
she could reuse last year's routines too as we hardly saw them anyways. I hope she recovers in time.

yuki

Final Flight
:( Sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to seeing her live at TEB, too.
Wishing her a complete recovery.

Sara

On the Ice
Oh nooo! Me too, wanted to see her and Kiira Korpi in TEB!! And now they're both injured :( Yes, I guess the skating conditions can be pretty bad in Korea. Yuna has said that she regrets her new free programme a bit, saying that it is very difficult. I hope she (or her coaches) hasn't pushed too much and got injured.

Sara

On the Ice
According to Korean media Yuna felt pain in her right foot, beginning from mid-August and saw a doctor when it worsened in September. The cause of the injury is accumulated fatigue due to intensive training. Just what I thought might be the reason :( She seems to be a perfectionist training a bit too hard.. I guess she wanted to debute her new programs in GP perfectly. Well, it's better to have this injury now than in January (trying to stay positive..). Maybe this small break from hard training will do good for her.

spikydurian

Medalist

RABID

Final Flight
I was going to buy tickets this very evening for the Trophy Bombard and tried the other day. Good thing I came to this site first. On the other hand I have never seen her skate live and I was determined I would do it this season. Drats!!!! I guess there is no chance now and certainly I don't see me getting any tickets to Sochi, sigh... I think a few months back Yuna said that she thought that if she trained hard and long enough she could go clean. Do you think perhaps she has been pushing her body too much? Cripes! I am so pissed off.

Krislite

Medalist
I was going to buy tickets this very evening for the Trophy Bombard and tried the other day. Good thing I came to this site first. On the other hand I have never seen her skate live and I was determined I would do it this season. Drats!!!! I guess there is no chance now and certainly I don't see me getting any tickets to Sochi, sigh... I think a few months back Yuna said that she thought that if she trained hard and long enough she could go clean. Do you think perhaps she has been pushing her body too much? Cripes! I am so pissed off.

The injured foot is her landing foot and toe-picking foot for Lutz/Flip, so it could be due to over training those jumps and triple-triples. Given that the solo 3Lz, the 3Lz+3T and the 3F are her "money" jumps, they probably get the most attempts in training, but those jumps really stress the foot she just injured.

In retrospect it now seems really smart for her to have begun her comeback last season, not only to grab the 3 spots and re-establish her reputation, but to guard against a set-back like this. Had she come back only this season and ramped up training very rapidly and intensely, she might have suffered the same injury (or worse) but without having competed at all in the prior season.

As long as she recovers within the expected time, she still has time to train and prepare for competitions later in the season, particularly Sochi. This may mean another Senior B or two, and Korean Nationals. 4CC is also possible but being so close to the Olympics, it's still unlikely.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
without Yuna in GP, Skate Canada will be for Suzuki or Gold.. and Bompard for Wagner!
there are 2 spots in SC an TEB.. Yuna and Korpi had the same events! I hope see Miki Ando there!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very unfortunate news for Yuna. I wish her a full recovery. Best wishes too for Kiira to have a successful rehab (she won't need surgery this time).

Alex D

Record Breaker

Do some of you really only buy Tickets if Yuna is there? What about the other skaters? You dont care about the other programs?

I find that a bit sad, they all give their best and deserve your support. :(

jennyanydots

On the Ice
I don't think Yuna was ever that keen on competing in the Grand Prix again. Now she can do a repeat of last year without people giving her flack about being too lazy or arrogant to compete. Plus that opens up two spots for other skaters whom I'm sure will be estatic to receive them. Not that I doubt that she's really injured, and it's good that they're being cautious. I've actually broken a metatarsal before and skating on it was definitely challenging even after a couple months. I really was looking forward to seeing her programs though.

lcd

Match Penalty
Bompard DOES seem like Wagner's to lose.

The foot injury hopefully does not sound too serious. Rather, she is being prudent.