Philip Hersh Journalist? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Philip Hersh Journalist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Guys, this thread is not open season on other fans. You can attack or defend Phil Hersh.
You can advocate for your non-YuNa fav being great.
You can advocate for YuNa only being great.

What you shouldn't do is attack each other. It's against the guidelines.

Myself, I think Phil is out to lunch. YuNa is great, but Plushy is great, too.

LRK

Record Breaker
But you did not explain what is "fake" about the rivalry.

I prefer Virtue/Moir, but I do not agree that their rivalry with Davis/White is fake. :confused2:

I don't know how anyone can think it is fake, quite honestly? They are always neck and neck, and no knowing who will prevail at any given moment - and no one else is close to either of them. And this has been going on for years. Surely this is not only a rivalry - but a great rivalry? I don't watch ice dance, really - but whenever I do, I can't help but feel that the Quality that both teams display is obvious. I do believe that this will be a rivalry to be remembered, and that people will be talking about it years hence.

TheCzar

On the Ice
Um. The key is WHEN LANDED. I think her success rate on 3A is rather low, and I don't think people take Asada's 3A for granted b/c most of times you arent' even sure if she's going to land it w/o UR, DG, etc.

Even JP commentators sound agitated when she does 3As.

See I disagree. It is the same thing with Joubert and Plushenko (as Weir pointed out once in a commentary), these athletes have been landing these jumps for such a long time, so when they fail to do so it is the end of the world- but when they do, it's just another day in the office. Nobody (apart from the Eurosport commentators) really give a damn anymore as to how much difficulty goes into even attempting a triple axel. The quad, less so because these days almost all the men can land it. No lady apart from Asada so much as attempts it in competition and that fact on its own should be lauded. She's 23 and even though her success rate is low (perhaps), she's the kind of athlete who will persevere nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm not stirring the pot- my issue is Phil Hersh's tendency to lose tact.

KKonas

Medalist
Can we just end this nonsensical thread? Whether you like him or not, agree with him or not, Hersh has been a journalist for more than 30 years, working for the Chicago Tribune. To question whether he is a journalist is just plain ridiculous.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Can we just end this nonsensical thread? Whether you like him or not, agree with him or not, Hersh has been a journalist for more than 30 years, working for the Chicago Tribune. To question whether he is a journalist is just plain ridiculous.

This X a zillion.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This thread has taken some interesting turns for sure. What does V/M vs D/W have to do with Phil Hersh? :confused:

In any case I agree with KKonas; as I said I disagree with him most of the time, but I don't think he does anything that's particularly out of line.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I think this thread has served whatever purpose it might have had. It is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.