Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ladies FS JGP Minsk 2013

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky85 View Post
    What's happening to the older talented junior girls?? Starting with Heajin, then Mariah, and now Barbie also?!?! Puberty issues? Body change? Injuries?? I hope they all regain their former strength and reach their potentials...
    Mariah struggles with her jumps sometimes so i don't think it's puberty issues. As for Barbie i've heard she looks taller so she might be trying to get used to her body changing.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Mariah struggles with her jumps sometimes so i don't think it's puberty issues. As for Barbie i've heard she looks taller so she might be trying to get used to her body changing.
    Mariah and Barbie both run hot and cold, they have been like that for awhile. Both girls had one pretty good JGP event, and one pretty bad one. They have both filled out a bit since last season and might be a little taller, but no drastic changes for either girl have taken place and they both have pretty desirable body types for the sport, especially Bell who is petite and slender with long legs, I guess Long is a bit taller with wider hips but they've both shown they can still do all the triples. It's just a matter of consistency. In the past, those two have done better as the season has progressed. This summer they were hot-and-cold as well, some good skates, some bad ones. Even if they aren't at their best, I would think they are both likely to qualify out of sectionals just where Mariah can do a 3lz & 3f, and Barbie a 3lz & 3lo, with pretty decent consistency along with the easier triples like 3t and 3s, which is more than a lot of the other girls who will be competing at Mids can do. And further, although Barbie has never had great PCS, they will still be on the higher end for the Sectionals crowd and Mariah is capable of getting quite high PCS if she skates well. So, it's unfortunate they didn't have the best JGP showings and won't make the final, but I wouldn't start to panic yet. They have a couple months until sectionals.

On the Ice
    I don't understand the marking. Alaine Chartrand did what looked like a perfect triple flip in the LP, and the judges marked it as underrotated and grade of execution -2s and -3s? I see there was an edge call, but does that merit a -3 deduction? Similarly, her second triple lutz had GOE marks of -3, but it looked fine. Can anyone think of an explanation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm5TN5bOMkY

Custom Title
    If a jump takes off on a wrong edge and is also UR, it's going to get -GOE. It would have to be HUGE to get -1. That jump was pretty small, so -2 and -3 is to be expected.

The second triple lutz was double-footed, as were many of her jumps towards the end of the program. She was clearly tiring, which accounted for her fall on the final spin.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by martipellow2 View Post
    I don't understand the marking. Alaine Chartrand did what looked like a perfect triple flip in the LP, and the judges marked it as underrotated and grade of execution -2s and -3s? I see there was an edge call, but does that merit a -3 deduction? Similarly, her second triple lutz had GOE marks of -3, but it looked fine. Can anyone think of an explanation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm5TN5bOMkY
    Thanks for explaining.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2