Amelie Lacoste training with Christy Krall | Golden Skate

Amelie Lacoste training with Christy Krall

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I heard this, from a very reliable source that Amelie Lacoste is now training with Christy Krall :)

What a great new!

I think that she will have a great season this year.

I believe that if she lacked confidence in her past season, it was probably because her coaches were too hard on her and never congratulated her for her success or improvements.

I pretty sure that she will enjoy being with Krall because she is able to congratulate the qualities of her skaters while justifying the mistakes they make, so they are improving.

Also, Amelie has been added to TEB on the ISU site as of Sept. 27: http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=4747 :yay:

russell30

Final Flight
Great news for Amelie, I thought something was up, at the K&K at Salt Lake International Classic after her FS there was no communication at all between her and her coach. I feel though its come a bit late for her in her career but lets hope for better things for Amelie, I am sure Christy will give her much encouragement and I hope she can turn it around. Amelie's FS this year is wonderful, so suits her style and I hope she can get that 2nd spot for Canada if she gets her minimum TES requirements.

Has lacoste got those, or is she still trying to get her FS TES minimum score?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Great news for Amelie, I thought something was up, at the K&K at Salt Lake International Classic after her FS there was no communication at all between her and her coach. I feel though its come a bit late for her in her career but lets hope for better things for Amelie, I am sure Christy will give her much encouragement and I hope she can turn it around. Amelie's FS this year is wonderful, so suits her style and I hope she can get that 2nd spot for Canada if she gets her minimum TES requirements.

Has lacoste got those, or is she still trying to get her FS TES minimum score?

:yes: I am right with you, russell! Best of luck to Amelie! :yay::party:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe that if she lacked confidence in her past season, it was probably because her coaches were too hard on her and never congratulated her for her success or improvements.

I have my doubts that Krall is the right coach for her, then. Chan reportedly left Krall because she was too hard on him.

Anyway, I can't think of any great successes or improvements Amelie had last season for which she deserved congratulations. Yes, Amelie finished 3rd at the inaugural US International FS Classic in 2012. Perhaps her former coach had expectations of the coming season after that start. But it all went downhill after that:

GP: 8th SC, 6th CoC (was also 6th and 8th the previous year)
Nationals: 1st 2012, 4th 2013
4CC: 9th 2013, 7th 2012
2013 US International FS Classic: 5th

Amelie is really up against it, because there are lots of younger skaters who have secure 3z and 3f and can lay down a 5-6 triple FS, and several have 3/3s. Amelie seems to have lost her 3f and her 3lo isn't as consistent a jump as it used to be. Skate Canada is in 4 weeks and she faces Mallet (4th at Nebelhorn) and Osmond there. She needs to make a confident GP debut there, a lot better than what she did at the Classic. Let's see what Krall can do for her in a short time.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Krall was too hard on Chan? Well if he wants a coach who has no idea how to train a skater and lets him run the show then Kathy Johnson is the coach for him. But Krall pushed Patrick and made him a World champion.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Krall was too hard on Chan? Well if he wants a coach who has no idea how to train a skater and lets him run the show then Kathy Johnson is the coach for him. But Krall pushed Patrick and made him a World champion.

Oddly enough, I'd never really known much about her until Chan won. But I remember her saying after his FS at Canadians (or Worlds, or something like that) "All that hard work...", and you could tell that she was a coach that really pushed her skaters and truly facilitated their success.

I don't know if Amelie can be saved at this point, given Daleman/Chartrand and of course Osmond. I give her kudos for still trying things like 3L-3L but it's looking rather bleak for her. And frankly if we're going with reliability, I'd rather see Daleman and Chartrand at the Olympics over Lacoste.

trains

On the Ice
She is up against Osmond and Mallet at Skate Canada. Really anything could happen. Osmond has been off for a month with her foot in an air cast. The field is strong but if Amelie gets a couple of her jumps she could be right in there.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Oddly enough, I'd never really known much about her until Chan won. But I remember her saying after his FS at Canadians (or Worlds, or something like that) "All that hard work...", and you could tell that she was a coach that really pushed her skaters and truly facilitated their success.

I don't know if Amelie can be saved at this point, given Daleman/Chartrand and of course Osmond. I give her kudos for still trying things like 3L-3L but it's looking rather bleak for her. And frankly if we're going with reliability, I'd rather see Daleman and Chartrand at the Olympics over Lacoste.

I think at this point of her career, Amelie know what she needs to be on top. I think that being with Krall is the right choice for her, because we can see at US international FS classic that her coach Nathalie Martin is very hard on her before her program and after in the kiss&Cry they were no communication at all ...

I'm pretty sure that Amelie will have a more supportive approach with Krall and this will help her to built confidence in her skating. She has so many quality as a skater and I think that this change will help her to succeed all of her jumps. Christy Krall use Dartfish, for my personal experience it's one of the best tool to improve our jump in skating. Amelie makes the right choice and I wish that she get one of those spot to Sochi instead of Daleman/Chartrand.

Daleman and Chartrand skating are all about the jumps and the speed, I don't find their skating mature and memorable in terms of artistry. In order hands, Amelie Lacoste program are more mature and interesting to watch :)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
She is really going to have to wow 'em at this point, if she wants to be on that Olympic team, especially with her lackluster past season and all the new young talent. I won't make any predictions this early, though.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think at this point of her career, Amelie know what she needs to be on top. I think that being with Krall is the right choice for her, because we can see at US international FS classic that her coach Nathalie Martin is very hard on her before her program and after in the kiss&Cry they were no communication at all ...

I'm pretty sure that Amelie will have a more supportive approach with Krall and this will help her to built confidence in her skating. She has so many quality as a skater and I think that this change will help her to succeed all of her jumps. Christy Krall use Dartfish, for my personal experience it's one of the best tool to improve our jump in skating. Amelie makes the right choice and I wish that she get one of those spot to Sochi instead of Daleman/Chartrand.

Daleman and Chartrand skating are all about the jumps and the speed, I don't find their skating mature and memorable in terms of artistry. In order hands, Amelie Lacoste program are more mature and interesting to watch :)

I agree that Lacoste has more refined skating than Daleman and Chartrand (which is fine since they're juniors). For a program to be enjoyable, it needs to have solid technical content. Lacoste pops too many jumps and makes way too many errors to make her programs enjoyable. Daleman for me is much more watchable and you can tell that she has much more attack than Amelie. I'm not a huge fan of Chartrand, but it's exciting to see Canadian ladies have technical content and actually skate with speed and difficulty. That to me is exciting to watch, even if it isn't the most mature. What's the point of putting an athlete on a stage like the Olympics if she's got wonderful artistry but misses half her jumping passes and can only land one or two triples reliably? No matter how mature or interesting it is, she'd get buried in the standings.

I think Lacoste has the goods to put out an elegant skate (though I wish she were faster), but figure skating is a sport and hopefully Krall can renew her competitive side in time.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
I love Daleman, her SP avatar was stunning, but I hope Amelie can beat her and go to Sochi.. Daleman and Chatrand are dark horses for 2018, I think...

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
It's so great to see Amelie who look proud and happy with her performance this season :)

She improve a lot and seems to have more confidence in her skating :agree: