Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan
Olympics 2014 Pairs roster presumptive
Did this four years ago and now I'm doing it again, all pairs locked, probable, and possible for the upcoming Olympics, plus four alternates, since the third alternate has been known to get a call in recent years, at least in the ladies event:
1. RUS: Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov, locked
2. RUS: Vera Bazarova & Yuri Larionov, very probable
3. RUS: Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov, probable
4. GER: Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy, locked
5. GER: Maylin & Daniel Wende or Mari Vartmann & Aaron van Cleave(if he can get citizenship)
6. CAN: Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford, locked
7. CAN: Kirsten Moore-Towers & Dylan Moscovitch, locked
8. CAN: Paige Lawrence & Rudi Swiegers, frontrunners over Natasha Purich & Mervin Tran, Margaret Purdy & Michael Mariano, and Brittany Jones & Ian Beharry
9. CHN: Qing Pang & Jian Tong, if the injuries don’t do them in
10. CHN: Wenjing Sui & Cong Han, frontrunners over Cheng Peng & Hao Zhang
11. FRA: Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres, locked
12. FRA: Daria Popova & Bruno Massot, if she can manage citizenship(current government not favorable); if not France may have to give this spot up
13. USA: Caydee Denney & John Coughlin, probable
14. USA: Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim, very slight frontrunners over Marissa Castelli & Simon Shnapir, Lindsay Davis & Rockne Brubaker, Felicia Zhang & Nate Batholomay, Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier, and Gretchen Donlan & Andrew Speroff
15. ITA: Stefania Berton & Ondrej Hotarek, locked
16. ITA: Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise, locked
17. GBR: Stacey Kemp & David King, locked
18. UKR: Elizaveta Usmantseva & Roman Talan, probable
19. EST: Natalia Zabijako & Alexandr Zaboev, if he can get citizenship(Estonia has been known to give it; coaches say they're optimistic)
20. ISR: Andrea Davidovich & Evgeni Krasnopolski, if they can please the ever-demanding Israeli Olympic Committee
1. JPN: Narumi Takahashi & Ryuichi Kihara
2. AUT: Mariam Ziegler & Severin Kiefer
3. PKR: So Hyang Pak & Nam I Song
4. BLR: Maria Paliakova & Nikita Bochkov
Currently frozen as a popsicle
Regarding Canada, I remember reading something on FSU that Jones/Beharry have split. They're no longer on the Canada National Team page even though they met the requirement of finishing in the top 5 at Nationals.
I'd add Tarah Kayne/Daniel O'Shea to the contenders list for the US based on their good results in Salt Lake City
Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity
Thanks for the thread, MissIzzy.
Originally Posted by MissIzzy
(Typo FYI: correct spelling for Purdy's partner is Marinaro.
Originally Posted by oleada
For Germanys second spot it is more probable that they choose Wende/Wende - they may not have been to a big Grand Prix event but they already outscored Vartmann/Van Cleave at Nebelhorn and Coupe de Nice...
For China, Cheng Peng & Hao Zhang will goto Sochi. In the beginning of 2013 the rule said that pairs who perform better in 2013 Grand pix will goto Sochi, and it is PZ not SH. This decision is already announced.