Thread: Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov

Custom Title

Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov

Video from practice 03 August 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpXSt2ktp74
    Short program with all elements - good, clean, beautiful.

Alexander really restored after injury.

Custom Title
    Beautiful..I always liked them. They have a strange chemistry, Yuko is so fragile, I sometimes am afraid she'll brake apart. Hopefully they skate well and stay healthy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    Beautiful..I always liked them. They have a strange chemistry, Yuko is so fragile, I sometimes am afraid she'll brake apart. Hopefully they skate well and stay healthy.
    Yuko fragile? She is one of the physically and mentally toughest athletes in this world. Breaking apart? She ain't going to let that stop her - she popped in her popped-out shoulder and kept skating. She may be half the size of her partner, but, according to Kurt, she's the boss on top of the food chain. Her on going skating history demonstrates determination and competitiveness few can compare to.

Of course all these qualities are hard to detect with her petite size and graceful performance on ice. I wish she and Alex the best of luck, putting behind them all the obstacles and misfortunes they have endured.

Custom Title
    I still remember how beautiful their exhibition from the 2010 Olympics was.

Yuko looks a bit young and slightly mismatched compared to her partner, but they look very good together once they start skating. I hope they can stay healthy and compete, no matter the results.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Yuko fragile? She is one of the physically and mentally toughest athletes in this world. Breaking apart? She ain't going to let that stop her - she popped in her popped-out shoulder and kept skating. She may be half the size of her partner, but, according to Kurt, she's the boss on top of the food chain. Her on going skating history demonstrates determination and competitiveness few can compare to.

Of course all these qualities are hard to detect with her petite size and graceful performance on ice. I wish she and Alex the best of luck, putting behind them all the obstacles and misfortunes they have endured.
    You are right! I admit I used the wrong words, as I know she is a powerful skater, I was thinking only about the way she looks...

Welcome back Yuko and Alex! Beautifully skated program. Loved it!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!