Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ice Dancing Novel - Advice?

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiscott View Post
    Okay, thanks!
    Duh, sorry for the typo. I meant to say, "... two additional rhythms are optional."

Don't know if you are aware that Skate Canada International (one of the six senior Grand Prix competitions of the season) is happening as we speak. Cup of Nice (a Senior B competition) also is in progress.

So ... many GS members might be quite preoccupied for the next couple of days.
    If you don't need the information a.s.a.p, I think that it is very possible that responses from others (who know much more about ice dance than I do) eventually will trickle in.

(If/when I have a chance to come up with answers that are more authoritative than what I already wrote, I will post again in this thread.)

If what you ultimately need are answers to more specific questions that those you already posted, I think giving us the specific questions would help.
    For instance, I think you said before that your character are junior ice dancers.
    Is it safe to say that you do not care about the senior-level requirements?

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    nikkiscott, FYI if you are still checking this thread:
    I happened to stumble upon a blog that has some basic information about the judging system for ice dance. See the thread below for a link to it.

ETA:

Doris now has added a post to the other thread -- in which she provides links to GoldenSkate's own Reference threads re ice dance.

In particular, one of the threads in her post discusses the Finnstep, which is the pattern dance this season for Senior SDs:

Quote Originally Posted by nikkiscott View Post
    Alrighty, I have two more questions!

What are the required elements for a Short Dance?

Are there requirements for the style of dance you have to do for your Short Dance and Free Dance, and what are they?
    One of the posts in the Finnstep thread has a link to the ISU document, "Ice Dance Technical Requirements Season 2013-14," which is an 8-page PDF (covering both Junior and Senior ice dance, IIRC).
    It should spell out answers to your two questions that I have quoted above.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    If you mean the guards to protect their blades - they are called skate guards. As for practice, it is almost like a full time job. They have little social life and not much time for other interests. What is the name of your book?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3