Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Flatt comeback plans-- heading to Cup of Nice

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    This. Not at ALL a Flatt fan but if she has the money and desire she is certainly entitled to keep skating competitively at whatever level she can and for whatever reasons she wants to. I don't see why this is all causing such a stir. It's her business and hers alone at this point, and I also think you'd be hard-pressed to back up an assertion that she's longing for the figure skating limelight. The last interview I saw from her was published in a Stanford publication run by her classmates.
    ITA with you here, This comeback has given me nothing but admiration for Flatt, and she has already competed this season with no fanfare and no big announcements, and did quite well, got a sp somewhere in the mid 50s IIRC and did a 3f and 3lo. She has every right come back competing and I cant wait to see the programs she choreographed by herself!

Banned
    Ugh, please no. She's not a terrible skater...just completely and utterly unremarkable.

Custom Title
    I wonder if Rachel wants to do it her way and that's why she choreographed her programs and wants to show the world or is this a money issue or is this simply bad strategy and she should recycle old but professionally created programs?

Sylvia from Unseen Skaters posted this http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/form...eback-hard-way link about Rachael on FSU. The story talks about her desire to compete, schedule, and life in general. I thought it was interesting and it kind of explains why she wants to take the route (regionals, etc) she is on.

Good luck Rachael!

Custom Title
    That's a nice article, full of Flatt's personality. The one thing I'd contest in it is the comment that Rachael "faded to seventh" at the Olympics. She didn't fade. It was just that everyone else skated so splendidly that night that six people came in ahead of her. It wasn't one of those situations where a skater falls all over the place. She skated very well but not as spectacularly as six other people, on one of the greatest nights of ladies' Olympic skating ever.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MFarone View Post
    Sylvia from Unseen Skaters posted this http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/form...eback-hard-way link about Rachael on FSU. ...
    Good luck Rachael!
    No big whoop, but GS can hold our own with FSU . This thread already had a link to the same article in post #42 on page 3. Great minds ...:

The important thing is that Flatt has admirers everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    No big whoop, but GS can hold our own with FSU . This thread already had a link to the same article in post #42 on page 3. Great minds ...:

The important thing is that Flatt has admirers everywhere.
    My poor old brain can't keep up with where I'm reading stuff ! I do agree that Rachael did very well at the Olympics...not a bad competition at all. Wishing her the best this season.

Custom Title
    2010 olympics were amazing for ladies. Rachel did just fine but everyone raised their game.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    2010 olympics were amazing for ladies. Rachel did just fine but everyone raised their game.
    That's why i'm worried that Sochi is going to be a disappointment in Ladies. I can't see the skating in the final group in Sochi being as good as it was in Vancouver. We are probably due for a splatfest. Just look at 2002 with the top Ladies compared to 1998.

Custom Title
    And then in 1992 splat but good in 1994 olys.

Custom Title
    Rachael earned 49.82 in SP at regionals. Through nine skaters, she's in first place.

Custom Title
    Hmm she must have missed two elements or had them downgraded to get a score like that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Hmm she must have missed two elements or had them downgraded to get a score like that.
    She doubled the lz, and only got level 2 on a layback. Also, PCS only in 24s.

Custom Title
    Here's the protocol:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

She doubled the solo jump (lutz), which is required to be triple, but otherwise she seems to have skated clean.

Could use higher levels on some of the spins, higher GOEs, better PCS, to be competitive at a national or international level.

Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    Here's the protocol:
    http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

She doubled the solo jump (lutz), which is required to be triple, but otherwise she seems to have skated clean.

Could use higher levels on some of the spins, higher GOEs, better PCS, to be competitive at a national or international level.
    Level 4 on the footwork, though, good for her!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast