Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Flatt comeback plans-- heading to Cup of Nice

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I think trying to spin this as Rachael doing much better than Alissa at this point is kind of disingenuous. Both are clearly struggling with the jumps. Rachael popped a bunch of hers, including a single axel and a single toe loop. While we've seen rachael hit some triples this year (including here) if she can't land more of them in competition she's in big trouble too. In both the short and long program, she only managed to hit 3 total. Compared to Alissa she has quite low PCS. Despite the fact that you can't compare events, I think that their similar scores would still have been similar if they'd been at the same regionals competition. The only difference is that we have confirmation that Rachael can hit triples around 1 try in 3.
    I agree with that assessment. I don't think one is better than the other. By all accounts they are even. Rachael has the edge in the triple count, but Alissa is maintaining higher PCS despite the lack of them. As i noted elsewhere, I'll reserve my judgement about the PCS gap until I actually see the programs.

We'll have another data point on Rachael sooner than later in Nice, which is next weekend. Short program is Saturday, Oct. 26.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjs5572 View Post
    Rachael earned 49.82 in SP at regionals. Through nine skaters, she's in first place.
    First place is good, but the other competing ladies don´t consist of skaters who have been seen at Worlds competitions, do they? I will be rooting for her in Nice.

Rachael was 6th at her last nationals and looked incredibly out of shape. I doubt she is going to be any higher than that after taking a year off.

Tripping on the Podium
    I saw Rachel live in San Jose and she looked great...she was the only skater to get a standing O (partial) outside of the final group...and to be honest I thought her long should have been 3rd.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Rachael recently appeared at An Evening With Champions. Here's her performance.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIchx...ature=youtu.be

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by leoncorazon View Post
    I saw Rachel live in San Jose and she looked great...she was the only skater to get a standing O (partial) outside of the final group...and to be honest I thought her long should have been 3rd.
    I've always heard that Rachael looks her best when she's seen live, rather than on TV. Some dynamism and connection with the audience comes across in the arena that isn't as apparent on TV.

Custom Title
    Comparing Rachel and Alissa isn't a good sign for either at least to make the Oly team. The issue who has the best potential and realistic opportunity for growth. Alissa's injury is an issue and Rachel's time commitment (school) is an issue. Nationals if they make it could be their swan song.

This has nothing to do with her comeback, but Kristi Yamaguchi posted a photo of her, Rudy Galindo and Rachael at a benefit tonight:

https://twitter.com/kristiyamaguchi/...005504/photo/1

Rachael looks super gorgeous! I love the waves in her hair. She mentioned during Evening of Champions she was growing it out. It looks like its growing out quite nicely.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    This has nothing to do with her comeback, but Kristi Yamaguchi posted a photo of her, Rudy Galindo and Rachael at a benefit tonight:

https://twitter.com/kristiyamaguchi/...005504/photo/1

Rachael looks super gorgeous! I love the waves in her hair. She mentioned during Evening of Champions she was growing it out. It looks like its growing out quite nicely.
    I agree! The short cut she had until recently did not suite her, and the long hair compliments her becoming a gorgeous young woman. Go Rachael!

Custom Title
    Rachael doesn't really expect to go to Sochi. She's just hoping to get to go to Nationals again because she loves competing there. I'm going to Boston and hope she does get to go. I always enjoy watching her skate.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6