Cup of Nice Oct. 23-27 [Nice, France] | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Cup of Nice Oct. 23-27 [Nice, France]

martipellow2

Rinkside
So sorry to see Alexandra Najarro had a rough time of it. It's a beautiful program but she does get so nervous, and she's just not consistent enough to make it internationally. Realistically she is not a contender for the Olympics, but she should take comfort in a couple of good showings at the Canadian Championships over the years. It will likely be Osmond, Daleman or Chartrand or Mallet, or Lacoste if she can put two good performances together.

Scout

Final Flight
Alexandra NAJARRO (CAN)

Music: Sabrina (soundtrack) by John Williams

White/blue ombre strap dress

3T - fall
1F
2A
LSp
FCSp
1T - stepout
2A+1T - forward on 2A
3S - ok, held on
StSq
ChSq
3S+2T - bit forward, but eeked out
CCoSp

Rather dismal skate, she looks dejected. Is she considered a contender for an Olys spot?

She's crying in Kiss & Cry

Not anymore...She was injured all of last season, but in each of the two prior years placed 4th at Canadians. With Cynthia retired, and Amelie struggling, Alexandra could have been in the competition with Gabrielle Daleman, Alaine Chartrand, Julianne Seguin for the second Oly spot. But she's really struggled at her last few competitions. I'm not sure she even has the qualifying scores.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Rachael flatt was judged very harshly. Her jumps looked good from my view. Program had next to no choreography and the steps were bad, but the jumps were much better than nearly everyone. She should have had highest technical in my opinion.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Rachael Flatt didn't meet Olys TES minimum in the SP. She got 19.23 (needed 20.00). She got 45.31 in the FS, which is enough for Olys (36.00) but not Worlds (46.00).

Though I don't see her as a contender for an Olys spot, so it probably won't matter. Has she said whether Olys is her (realistic) goal this season?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Rachael Flatt didn't meet Olys TES minimum in the SP. She got 19.23 (needed 20.00). She got 45.31 in the FS, which is enough for Olys (36.00) but not Worlds (46.00).

Though I don't see her as a contender for an Olys spot, so it probably won't matter. Has she said whether Olys is her (realistic) goal this season?

She has Olympic/4cc sp requirement from Skate America last year. She said that she would love to go to Olympics, but goal is just to do well as she is able.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
She has Olympic/4cc sp requirement from Skate America last year. She said that she would love to go to Olympics, but goal is just to do well as she is able.

You're right, she got TES of 20.93 and 47.44 at Skate America last season.

Her scores af Cup of Nice suggest though, that she won't be able to place high enough at Nats to make either team.

swurvestar

Rinkside
Wow. I didn't watch anything and just looked at the results, they are all over the place for ladies and pairs. Some people made great comebacks and looks like some completely bombed.

Icey

Record Breaker
Firebird is listed as her lp again for this year, but that was not what she skated to . I wonder if it was even the lp she plans to use at nationals. It seemed like something just thrown together for this event, although it would have possibilities if fleshed out a lot.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What I want to know is how the heck did Carron & Jones finish ahead of them at French Masters???

bramweld

Record Breaker
What I want to know is how the heck did Carron & Jones finish ahead of them at French Masters???

That looks like the French Fed was trying to punish their coaching team. What a travesty!! I'm assuming we can blame all this on a certain French imbecile?

Comparing the top three teams however the Russian pair looks uninspired. Either they don't really get or enjoy the dance. For me personally though the most recent piece that Zhulin really choreographed well was this number for Zlobina and Sitnikov, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8kN3GFyEc

Yes, given Carron/Jones really aren't looking particularly strong this season, it seems that their Masters win was due to politics. I hope that the international judges are going to side with P/C. :)

lcd

Match Penalty
We'll see if the French feel they will need to "invest in the future" or not

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
That looks like the French Fed was trying to punish their coaching team. What a travesty!! I'm assuming we can blame all this on a certain French imbecile?

Comparing the top three teams however the Russian pair looks uninspired. Either they don't really get or enjoy the dance. For me personally though the most recent piece that Zhulin really choreographed well was this number for Zlobina and Sitnikov, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8kN3GFyEc

Go look at the dance podium pic on the main event site (linked in the first post of this thread). The expressions on the Russian team's faces are hilarious.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Go look at the dance podium pic on the main event site (linked in the first post of this thread). The expressions on the Russian team's faces are hilarious.

OMG! Their expressions look like they're about to have to pack their bags for retraining in Siberia. :-D

Men's Podium pic is great, love Tomas on that top step.