Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Cup of Nice Oct. 23-27 [Nice, France]

Custom Title
    Firebird is listed as her lp again for this year, but that was not what she skated to . I wonder if it was even the lp she plans to use at nationals. It seemed like something just thrown together for this event, although it would have possibilities if fleshed out a lot.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Wow. They are absolutely incredible. The power and attack in their skating is second to none! And they are skating to Woodkid!!!

Woodkid "Iron"

I have followed them for a few seasons now and I haven't felt this excited about a dance team in a long time.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    What I want to know is how the heck did Carron & Jones finish ahead of them at French Masters???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    What I want to know is how the heck did Carron & Jones finish ahead of them at French Masters???
    That looks like the French Fed was trying to punish their coaching team. What a travesty!! I'm assuming we can blame all this on a certain French imbecile?

Comparing the top three teams however the Russian pair looks uninspired. Either they don't really get or enjoy the dance. For me personally though the most recent piece that Zhulin really choreographed well was this number for Zlobina and Sitnikov, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8kN3GFyEc

Yes, given Carron/Jones really aren't looking particularly strong this season, it seems that their Masters win was due to politics. I hope that the international judges are going to side with P/C.

Banned
    We'll see if the French feel they will need to "invest in the future" or not

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    That looks like the French Fed was trying to punish their coaching team. What a travesty!! I'm assuming we can blame all this on a certain French imbecile?

Comparing the top three teams however the Russian pair looks uninspired. Either they don't really get or enjoy the dance. For me personally though the most recent piece that Zhulin really choreographed well was this number for Zlobina and Sitnikov, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx8kN3GFyEc
    Go look at the dance podium pic on the main event site (linked in the first post of this thread). The expressions on the Russian team's faces are hilarious.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Go look at the dance podium pic on the main event site (linked in the first post of this thread). The expressions on the Russian team's faces are hilarious.
    OMG! Their expressions look like they're about to have to pack their bags for retraining in Siberia. :-D

Men's Podium pic is great, love Tomas on that top step.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    http://www.nice-baie-des-anges.fr/im...3/DSC_6497.JPG

This season really isn't going well for Monko/Khalyavin so far. I remember them being quite an exciting team and I thought Zhulin would only build up on it but he hasn't been very good at finding direction for them, sadly.

I appreciate the German Team... They did really well... Gold and twice bronze
    So, Prölß/Blommaert may secure our Pairs future after Sochi when will propably S/S retire... they look great
    Wende/Wende recovered nicely in LP and continue to outscore Vartman/Van Cleave and I think Wende/Wende have a rising chance to get to their second Olympics... Even german media still talking about "they still did not reach the Olympic norm given by the german skating federation..." - it is less than a point!!
    And Ladies... Pity for Sarah Hecken... she had a relative good start into the season in Italy, but I think she is loosing the spot to Nathalie Weinzierl...

I can't imagine Wende/Wende not making the Olympic team. They are light years ahead of Vartman/Van Cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I can't imagine Wende/Wende not making the Olympic team. They are light years ahead of Vartman/Van Cleave.
    Yeah, I like both teams but V/VC seem to constantly screw up in the LP.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7