Jason Brown to compete at Skate America as Lysacek's replacement - per USFS | Golden Skate

Jason Brown to compete at Skate America as Lysacek's replacement - per USFS

ice coverage

Record Breaker

@USFigureSkating
NEWS: Jason Brown (@jasonbskates) will replace @EvanLysacek at 2013 @HiltonHHonors Skate America #SA2013
11:26 AM - 30 Sep 13
https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/384746158045675520

Congratulations to Jason!!!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
:yay: I fell in love with his Riverdance at Nebelhorn, I hope he will use this occasion well! Go Jason!!

GGoldberg

Match Penalty
The timing of the USOC Media Summit was certainly helpful for driving the timing of this announcement. Glad Jason will have plenty of time to be prepared.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Three favourites at Skate America - Max, Jason and Artur. Oh, this event can't POSSIBLY go wrong for me...*yikes*

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
And in more shocking news, it was announced today that the sky is still blue....

I mean, did anyone believe Evan was going to Skate America?

The more I see Mr Brown skate, the bigger fan of his I become. So this is good news indeed!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Evan was sincere this season when he was trying to make a comeback but his body is breaking down and it's not looking good for him now.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't doubt Evan's sincerity at all, but given the weeks and weeks of reports of the severity of his injury, I wasn't surprised in the least to hear he withdrew from Skate America.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Wish I were able to attend Skate America...wow: Max, Jason & Adam. I've been impressed by all of their new programs but they have their work cut out for them at this competition. I'm a fan of Denis Ten's as well!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wish I were able to attend Skate America...wow: Max, Jason & Adam. I've been impressed by all of their new programs but they have their work cut out for them at this competition. I'm a fan of Denis Ten's as well!

It's stiff competition! Taka, Tatsuki and Daisuke are there too! And you can never count Brian Joubert out.

deedee1

Record Breaker
It's stiff competition! Taka, Tatsuki and Daisuke are there too! And you can never count Brian Joubert out.

Sorry in advance for OT, but Tatsuki actually landed perfect 4T and 4T-3T in his free at the most recent comp (regional) and won this past weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNe8WH5I18 Very first time for me to see such beautiful quads from him! :cool:

Back to Topic: All the best to Jason at Skate America! :yay::party:
To those who plan to attend this comp: I ENVY you guys so much! :) Can't believe senior GP season is about to begin in two weeks finally!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sorry in advance for OT, but Tatsuki actually landed perfect 4T and 4T-3T in his free at the most recent comp (regional) and won this past weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNe8WH5I18 Very first time for me to see such beautiful quads from him! :cool:

Back to Topic: All the best to Jason at Skate America! :yay::party:
To those who plan to attend this comp: I ENVY you guys so much! :) Can't believe senior GP season is about to begin in two weeks finally!!!

I'm a total J. Brown uber, but I loved Tatsuki at Skate America last year; he was one of the highlights of that competition for me! His SP is also one of my favorites from last season. :love: So glad he's doing such awesome quads.

It will definitely be interesting how Jason will do with a full slate of elite skaters. At Nebelhorn, his only main competition was Oda -- he easily beat everyone else by a TON of points.