Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown to compete at Skate America as Lysacek's replacement - per USFS

Wish I were able to attend Skate America...wow: Max, Jason & Adam. I've been impressed by all of their new programs but they have their work cut out for them at this competition. I'm a fan of Denis Ten's as well!

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Wish I were able to attend Skate America...wow: Max, Jason & Adam. I've been impressed by all of their new programs but they have their work cut out for them at this competition. I'm a fan of Denis Ten's as well!
    It's stiff competition! Taka, Tatsuki and Daisuke are there too! And you can never count Brian Joubert out.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    It's stiff competition! Taka, Tatsuki and Daisuke are there too! And you can never count Brian Joubert out.
    Sorry in advance for OT, but Tatsuki actually landed perfect 4T and 4T-3T in his free at the most recent comp (regional) and won this past weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNe8WH5I18 Very first time for me to see such beautiful quads from him!

Back to Topic: All the best to Jason at Skate America!
    To those who plan to attend this comp: I ENVY you guys so much! Can't believe senior GP season is about to begin in two weeks finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Sorry in advance for OT, but Tatsuki actually landed perfect 4T and 4T-3T in his free at the most recent comp (regional) and won this past weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNe8WH5I18 Very first time for me to see such beautiful quads from him!

Back to Topic: All the best to Jason at Skate America!
    To those who plan to attend this comp: I ENVY you guys so much! Can't believe senior GP season is about to begin in two weeks finally!!!
    I'm a total J. Brown uber, but I loved Tatsuki at Skate America last year; he was one of the highlights of that competition for me! His SP is also one of my favorites from last season. So glad he's doing such awesome quads.

It will definitely be interesting how Jason will do with a full slate of elite skaters. At Nebelhorn, his only main competition was Oda -- he easily beat everyone else by a TON of points.

I like Jason!

Custom Title
    Great choice for SA!

Banned
    at least Lysacek didn't pull out in the last week
    Congrats Jason, good choice SA

On the Ice
    What's his ISU rank in relation to others in that competitive event? It determines the skate order in the short, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post
    What's his ISU rank in relation to others in that competitive event? It determines the skate order in the short, right?
    Jason is ranked No. 14.

Ranking of competitors:

3. Daisuke Takahashi
    6. Denis Ten
    7. Tatsuki Machida
    12. Takahiko Kozuka
    13. Brian Joubert
    14. Jason Brown
    19. Alexander Majorov
    22. Adam Rippon
    24. Max Aaron
    30. Artur Gachinski

So all the Americans, including Max Aaron, will likely skate in the first or two groups along with Majorov and Gachinski. The Japanese men, Ten and Joubert will be in group two.

Custom Title
    Why is Evan wasting our time? Or more correctly why am I wasting my time on Evan?

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Good news.

Lucky Skate America attendees! Look at that roster (for all events.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Why is Evan wasting our time? Or more correctly why am I wasting my time on Evan?

Because you are choosing to waste it on him ????? Evan has absolutely nothing to do with how you use your time or I use mine.

Custom Title
    I enjoy watching Jason skate, but his tripe axel is still problematic. At Nel, in the long program one of them was down graded and he only got a small + goe for the other done in combo. He really can't afford to give those points away.

He's just now gaining consistency on it. Give it time. He grew late in the game physically.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    And in more shocking news, it was announced today that the sky is still blue....

I mean, did anyone believe Evan was going to Skate America?

The more I see Mr Brown skate, the bigger fan of his I become. So this is good news indeed!
    Couldn't agree with you more - on ALL points. I'm so happy for Jason and I think he truly has a chance to do well this season. He's young, eager, uber-talented, and he draws the crowd in like no other US male figure skater.

I wouldn't know whether Evan was sincere or not - but I never for a nanosecond thought we'd see him in competition. At least with Jason the US has a chance!!!

eta: I saw Jason land two gorgeous triple axels in a show...........they were solid, he was in control of the jump, and the landings were beautiful. He has the jump. Just needs to execute it consistently. Try to remember the guy is only 18 years old......He has all the time in the world. If not this Olys than obviously the next.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast