Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Carolina Kostner's Opera on Ice program

Rinkside
    They are both artists!
    Beautiful!

Custom Title
    Mature and refined, exquisite!

Custom Title
    Interesting that there is such a production being put on at this time in the season (so close to the competitions). Would think it would be difficult normally to get prominent cast members to commit (unlike during say, the spring or summer).

Custom Title
    The show is open air in an old amphitheatre - it was 27°C during the day in the end of September this year there and they had a hard time cooling the ice (there was still a lot of water on the ice at 8.30 when th Show began). I think the timing of the show has a lot to do with that. It would be impossible in the summer ... Maybe spring yes, but not summer.

BTW, here is a HQ Version of Carolina second number "Va pensiero" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC5H2...kGHb_6S_qsMH3g

I believe there isn't much choice really. The arena of Verona, which is probably the main reason why the show is so great, has a crazy schedule, they have back to back different opera productions, which are really complex to organise, and even pop music concerts. I don't think they even have one more week end left to reschedule opera on ice during the season, let alone the weather/ice issues etc.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Thanks so much for sharing this! Carolina is amazing!

Do you happen to know what synchro group was?

Unfortunately for me, I can't hear Ponchielli's Dance of the Hours without hearing Allan Sherman singing Hello Muddah Hello Faddah over it though
    And there's that Disney animation from Fantasia with the elephants, the crocodiles, and the hippos. In their ballet shoes. Poor Ponchielli. He would spin in his grave if he knew that his tragic opera (where just about everyone dies in despair) has become fodder (pun intended) for such humorous output as this.

In addition to Kostner, I was very impressed with the skating of the corps. They moved with such lightness, and of course their unison was delightful. I also enjoyed their costumes. I love that the dresses were in such dark, rich colors, rather than white and pastels. Kostner's dress...wow! Different colors in front and in back; how inspired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2