Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Will Ando make the Olympic Team?

Custom Title
    I don't think Miki will make it. She's not the same... and I don't think she should be in the competitions anymore right after having a baby! My gosh, I don't even want to know what that could do to your body.... :(

Custom Title
    I guess we encourage people to live their lives truthfully and to their desires. Ando certainly has a chance with ice being so slippery and she seems to be getting her jumps back - still it is an ambitious comeback. She has probably a better chance of making the Japanese team than Alissa has of making the American team or at least equal. I understand it is the olympics = I guess they have the energy, the drive and money.

Custom Title
    Hmm it seems Murakami is still getting nailed for URs. I'd say Suzuki is certainly a better bet at this point for the 2nd spot and it'll be Murakami holding off Miyahara and Ando for the 3rd spot.

Custom Title
    I never thought Murukami's spot was assured like many have, although I think she is equal with Akiko as far as the two favorites for spots behind Mao. If neither Akiko or Kanako make the GPF I would think the two highest finishers between them and Miki would be sent to Sochi. Really none of the Japanese women are reliably consistent but Mao at least has a high enough BV to still get a great score even with a few mistakes.

Custom Title
    Mao is the only shoo-in. For the other two spots, the contenders are Murakami, Miyahara and Suzuki in that order. Of those, so far, only Suzuki has won a GP medal. Miyahara squares off next week against Asada, Suzuki, Gold and Radionova, so her chances of medaling are slim. Murakami and Miyahara try again against Lipnitskaia, Kostner and Tuktamysheva at CoR.

It looks as if Mao and Suzuki have the only shot at the GPF for Japan.

Custom Title
    I think if Suzuki makes it to the GPF her spot is practically assured. If she medals then I think the 2nd spot will be hers.

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/olympic/201...OYT1T00429.htm
    http://www.asahi.com/articles/TKY201...l?ref=com_top6
    After SP she is the 13th out of 26 competitors. She needs to be in top five to go to Nationals.
    She URed the first combo, and missed the take of the second jump (loop), gained 41.97

Custom Title
    I read my tea leaves at breakfast this morning and the answer is "NO." The Japanese ladies' Olympic Team will be Asada, Suzuki and Murakami. No Miyahara and no Ando. (I should point out that this was Chinese tea leaves.)

Custom Title
    We have yet to see the FS at CoR, but Kanako is clearly not in great shape at this point. Suzuki is clearly the #2 favourite right now, and it seems like it will be Kanako fighting off Ando/Miyahara for the #3 spot.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    After seeing Kanako today, my first thought was "Oh lord, Ando is going back to the Olympics after all..." Let's hope that was just a fluke, but I wasn't even crazy about the program or her skating even if she went clean.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    ^^If she switches back to her SP from last season then she should be okay. This current SP is dragging her and her reputation down and she needs to dump it immediately.

Banned
    Kanako looks in bad shape and uncomfortable with her programs
    if she keeps skating like this then Ando/Miyahara have a chance

we'll have to see at golden spin how Miki scores

Medalist
    Miki skated at ice challenge today, scoring 56.78 for the SP. She finished in 1st place.

Triple toe/double toe, turn out on the double. She planned 3/3. Triple Lutz as solo jump, looked close to <. Double axel ok, and her Spins looked better than the ones in her SP at Oberstdorf (IMO)

My first post, yeah

Custom Title
    Haha, mine too.

I finally caved in and registered...

Ando did better than I expected at 'ice challenge,' I've got to admit. She's looking a lot better than at her last outing (those spins...*cringe*)

But, when one factors in experience and scoring potential, I still think Murakami should get the spot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Npmonice View Post
    Miki skated at ice challenge today, scoring 56.78 for the SP. She finished in 1st place.

Triple toe/double toe, turn out on the double. She planned 3/3. Triple Lutz as solo jump, looked close to <. Double axel ok, and her Spins looked better than the ones in her SP at Oberstdorf (IMO)

My first post, yeah
    Welcome to the gang. And thanks for the info. Interesting.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast