Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Will Ando make the Olympic Team?

Custom Title
    We have yet to see the FS at CoR, but Kanako is clearly not in great shape at this point. Suzuki is clearly the #2 favourite right now, and it seems like it will be Kanako fighting off Ando/Miyahara for the #3 spot.

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    After seeing Kanako today, my first thought was "Oh lord, Ando is going back to the Olympics after all..." Let's hope that was just a fluke, but I wasn't even crazy about the program or her skating even if she went clean.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    ^^If she switches back to her SP from last season then she should be okay. This current SP is dragging her and her reputation down and she needs to dump it immediately.

Kanako looks in bad shape and uncomfortable with her programs
    if she keeps skating like this then Ando/Miyahara have a chance

we'll have to see at golden spin how Miki scores

Medalist
    Miki skated at ice challenge today, scoring 56.78 for the SP. She finished in 1st place.

Triple toe/double toe, turn out on the double. She planned 3/3. Triple Lutz as solo jump, looked close to <. Double axel ok, and her Spins looked better than the ones in her SP at Oberstdorf (IMO)

My first post, yeah

Custom Title
    Haha, mine too.

I finally caved in and registered...

Ando did better than I expected at 'ice challenge,' I've got to admit. She's looking a lot better than at her last outing (those spins...*cringe*)

But, when one factors in experience and scoring potential, I still think Murakami should get the spot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Npmonice View Post
    Miki skated at ice challenge today, scoring 56.78 for the SP. She finished in 1st place.

Triple toe/double toe, turn out on the double. She planned 3/3. Triple Lutz as solo jump, looked close to <. Double axel ok, and her Spins looked better than the ones in her SP at Oberstdorf (IMO)

My first post, yeah
    Welcome to the gang. And thanks for the info. Interesting.

Custom Title
    I'd say Ando has way more experience and Murakami was nailed by the judges on PCS at CoR in spite of a practically clean program, so I don't know if her scoring potential is that good. Then again, neither is Ando's at this point.

Custom Title
    Ando has a real shot at Japanese Nationals....

Custom Title
    Ando just lost to a skater who is only about the 5th or 6th best skater in the US. Not good for a former World champion.

Not only did she lose but she also lost PCS to Courtney in the LP and we know how poor Courtney scored in PCS on the GP circuit Not good at all. I think Ando had low PCS at her home competitions to qualify for nationals also.

Custom Title
    Ando's total score at Ice Challenge: 150. Murakami bombed the SP at CoR yet still managed to score a total 165.76 in a much tougher field than Ice Challenge.

The fact that Ando did not win Ice Challenge will not help her case with the JSF.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Not only did she lose but she also lost PCS to Courtney in the LP and we know how poor Courtney scored in PCS on the GP circuit Not good at all. I think Ando had low PCS at her home competitions to qualify for nationals also.
    Based on the videos I have seen of her, her low PCS make sense. She is extremely SLOW right now, and her programs are empty. She is just focusing on the jumps and spins, and not even doing exceptionally well at those.

I cant see her making the Japanese Olympic team now unless Japan Nat. is the biggest splatfest it ever was, and she pulls something out of her hat that is amazing and totally unforseen. Even then she probably still wouldn't make it given that it has been said she has to win Japanese Nationals.

My prediction at this point would be about 8th place for her at Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Ando's total score at Ice Challenge: 150. Murakami bombed the SP at CoR yet still managed to score a total 165.76 in a much tougher field than Ice Challenge.

The fact that Ando did not win Ice Challenge will not help her case with the JSF.
    150? Isn't that the third competition in a row that she's scored in that range? No improvement at all, it seems. Too bad...

Banned
    I doubt it. She was never a good interpreter of music or graceful on the ice, and her flaws have been compounded after having a baby.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast