Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Will Ando make the Olympic Team?

Custom Title
    I'd say Ando has way more experience and Murakami was nailed by the judges on PCS at CoR in spite of a practically clean program, so I don't know if her scoring potential is that good. Then again, neither is Ando's at this point.

Custom Title
    Ando has a real shot at Japanese Nationals....

Custom Title
    Ando just lost to a skater who is only about the 5th or 6th best skater in the US. Not good for a former World champion.

Not only did she lose but she also lost PCS to Courtney in the LP and we know how poor Courtney scored in PCS on the GP circuit Not good at all. I think Ando had low PCS at her home competitions to qualify for nationals also.

Custom Title
    Ando's total score at Ice Challenge: 150. Murakami bombed the SP at CoR yet still managed to score a total 165.76 in a much tougher field than Ice Challenge.

The fact that Ando did not win Ice Challenge will not help her case with the JSF.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Ando's total score at Ice Challenge: 150. Murakami bombed the SP at CoR yet still managed to score a total 165.76 in a much tougher field than Ice Challenge.

The fact that Ando did not win Ice Challenge will not help her case with the JSF.
    150? Isn't that the third competition in a row that she's scored in that range? No improvement at all, it seems. Too bad...

Banned
    I doubt it. She was never a good interpreter of music or graceful on the ice, and her flaws have been compounded after having a baby.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Based on the videos I have seen of her, her low PCS make sense. She is extremely SLOW right now, and her programs are empty. She is just focusing on the jumps and spins, and not even doing exceptionally well at those.

I cant see her making the Japanese Olympic team now unless Japan Nat. is the biggest splatfest it ever was, and she pulls something out of her hat that is amazing and totally unforseen. Even then she probably still wouldn't make it given that it has been said she has to win Japanese Nationals.

My prediction at this point would be about 8th place for her at Nationals.
    Wow... First you were touting her as essentially a guaranteed 2nd spot and now you're saying she'll be 8th?

Custom Title
    Ah, thanks for clarifying. I don't think Ando will make the team but I think she will place much better than 8th.

Custom Title
    It's November and she hasn't improved since Nebelhorn in September, still scoring about 150 overall. Japanese Nationals are a month from now. If she hasn't improved over two months, another month isn't going to make a difference. 150 points is about right for 8th place.

Custom Title
    New interview on her FB:

[Translation] She will compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb in Croatia. Official practice begins Dec 4.

"I plan a triple-triple in the SP. I aim for the Nationals. Still not at the level of two years ago. But I'm not rushing things. I will make improvement little by little."

Yuna Kim will be at the same event.

"To be at the same event with her will give me good input, motivation. Not at the level to compete with her. I want to move a bit closer to that level.

"I have tremendous respect for her. She keeps producing great results, even under huge pressure of being surrounded by media attention and her people's expectation. Feels like she's born to skate. Her skating has been growing, jumps are great too.

"Skating at the same event, each following one's own path."

The Zagreb event will be the international debut for her bid to return. Her story is getting closer to its conclusion. [End]

Custom Title
    The triple-triple she plans is 3t-3t. Miki apparently meant to land it at Ice Challenge, but it came out as 3t+2t.

Eleven skaters went for that combo in the Worlds 2013 SP. Seven attempts were successful; there were two falls and/or three URs and a downgrade.

Murakami competed at Aichi championships this weekend(sp only competition) and she only managed to score 53 and placed 3rd. I am not sure who else was competing though.

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Murakami competed at Aichi championships this weekend(sp only competition) and she only managed to score 53 and placed 3rd. I am not sure who else was competing though.
    Sad to hear that. Rumor has it, she is changing her programs. I hope is her SP because is horrid. Too demanding and she does not sell it. I love her SP last season, she should go back to that one. I still expect Murakami to make the team.

Custom Title
    I would be knock-down-dead surprised if Ando placed on the podium at Japanese Nationals. I think the people that are predicting her success are dwelling on what she's accomplished in the past. She's had a baby - that has to have had an impact on her ability to get back into competing shape. She hasn't competed. And she's not a spring chicken anymore. Unfortunately I think the odds are stacked against her. I hope Murakami makes the team!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast