Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Volosozhar and Trankov's FS Olympic gold worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    only 1 problem , S/S are as expressive and sparkle with chemistry as two rocks in the desert
    they always relied on their innovation and unusual music choices.
    I'm cool if a pair doesn't exude romantic chemistry. I don't think Aliona should be called a rock in a desert, but sometimes Robin can be one. Not many couples have romantic chemistry and charisma, and I think that's fine if there are other redeeming qualities. For S&S their innovation and unique programs are their strength. Nothing wrong with that. I admired G&G's technique but their romantic chemistry was simply too sappy for me.

Custom Title
    Well, at least it's not "Love Story" !!!! lmao

What are the elements that make a program OGM worthy? I assume the question excludes consideration of performance and execution. i.e just looking at it on paper: choreography, elements to be excited, BV etc.

They deserve to win and they have what it takes to grabe that olympic gold without question but this program! The music edits! And the yellow pant!! Too late to change theprogram but enough time to make some changes to package it better.

Just one word: NO. NO. NO.
    I hope someone will share our opinion and suggest them at least to change the music cuts and the choreography a bit...
    But the sad thing is that they WILL win for sure, as long as they don't make incredible mistakes (and even if this happens, they could still receive 9.75 and 10 for PCS and win), especially because the Olympics are in Russia...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Also, about the whole crucified Tatiana thing at the end, the IOC "prohibits demonstration[s] or political, religious, or racial propaganda in any Olympic sites, venues, or areas". What's the IOC going to do?!
    I don't think IOC will do anything. after all, Miky Ando crossed herself in the middle of her SP in the Olympics 2010 and nothing happened either.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Too late to change the program but enough time to make some changes to package it better.
    It's not to late, S/S changed the LP in the last olympic season in the middle of their 2 GP events and it worked out (the change I mean, it was way better than the first program and it was smooth and refined from the first time they skated it in a competition). They can change it but I doubt they will. PCS are over 9, why bother? Plus, maybe they like it...
    He must change his costume, the final pose is too tacky and something must be done to the first part of the program. That one is the most problematic IMO, it way to weird

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    It's not to late, S/S changed the LP in the last olympic season in the middle of their 2 GP events and it worked out (the change I mean, it was way better than the first program and it was smooth and refined from the first time they skated it in a competition). They can change it but I doubt they will. PCS are over 9, why bother? Plus, maybe they like it...
    He must change his costume, the final pose is too tacky and something must be done to the first part of the program. That one is the most problematic IMO, it way to weird
    One of the weirdest programs of all time ... it *already* makes the list. Remember Yagudin's Banana program?

Custom Title
    I don’t think the program itself is a OG program but I don’t think it matters to the judges after seeing those scores at Nelbehorn. I truly had a hard time getting through this long program. I couldn't wait for it to end but I wanted to see it once. That was probably the last time I will watch that program although I think their technical (throws, jumps) are superb.

Custom Title
    I think that Trankov is more artistic than Tatiana. He is excellent for her. She wouldn't have found the better partner IMHO. They complete each other. He is a strong skater.

Custom Title
    Oh, and I like them. So they are worthy gold medal contenders.

Columnist
    I see many of you talking about Maxim and Tatiana, but isn't it also important what the other pairs do? Right now I don't see a pair which is in their territory if it comes to scoring points, but this is what you need. You need to score many points, the most to be precise.

Their program might not fit everyone´s taste, but that's not important.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    I see many of you talking about Maxim and Tatiana, but isn't it also important what the other pairs do? Right now I don't see a pair which is in their territory if it comes to scoring points, but this is what you need. You need to score many points, the most to be precise.

Their program might not fit everyone´s taste, but that's not important.
    I think the issue is that their current program (their LP more specifically) isn't fitting a lot of people's tastes. That's why the Nebelhorn audience were so confused... they executed great elements but to a lousy program with awful music. As I said, the Eurosport commentators obviously hated it but given the quality elements they supposed that it was a program that they had to like at the end of the day. It's like Plushenko's 2006 Olympics LP... practically no choreography or transitions and very basic skating and poorly balanced jump layout, but almost everything was executed well and it was certainly the best technical performance by far and received a record score, so people had to accept that it was a "great" program.

Custom Title
    Maybe the programme was not totally ready, yet? On the other hand, if the judges like a programme that counts in a competition and not the opinions of commentators or skating fans.

Custom Title
    No, the music cut is awful and the choreography is non-existent. Their program is the epitome of boring, element-to-element skating (minimal transitions), with the choreographed rest break in the middle of the program. The element layout is also extremely safe and unimaginative. It’s a bad program all-around, and I do not want to see it at the Olympics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3