Is Volosozhar and Trankov's FS Olympic gold worthy? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Is Volosozhar and Trankov's FS Olympic gold worthy?

Alex D

Record Breaker
I see many of you talking about Maxim and Tatiana, but isn't it also important what the other pairs do? Right now I don't see a pair which is in their territory if it comes to scoring points, but this is what you need. You need to score many points, the most to be precise.

Their program might not fit everyone´s taste, but that's not important. :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I see many of you talking about Maxim and Tatiana, but isn't it also important what the other pairs do? Right now I don't see a pair which is in their territory if it comes to scoring points, but this is what you need. You need to score many points, the most to be precise.

Their program might not fit everyone´s taste, but that's not important. :)

I think the issue is that their current program (their LP more specifically) isn't fitting a lot of people's tastes. That's why the Nebelhorn audience were so confused... they executed great elements but to a lousy program with awful music. As I said, the Eurosport commentators obviously hated it but given the quality elements they supposed that it was a program that they had to like at the end of the day. It's like Plushenko's 2006 Olympics LP... practically no choreography or transitions and very basic skating and poorly balanced jump layout, but almost everything was executed well and it was certainly the best technical performance by far and received a record score, so people had to accept that it was a "great" program.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Maybe the programme was not totally ready, yet? On the other hand, if the judges like a programme that counts in a competition and not the opinions of commentators or skating fans.

Selene

On the Ice
No, the music cut is awful and the choreography is non-existent. Their program is the epitome of boring, element-to-element skating (minimal transitions), with the choreographed rest break in the middle of the program. The element layout is also extremely safe and unimaginative. It’s a bad program all-around, and I do not want to see it at the Olympics.