Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Is Davis and White's FD gold mdeal worthy? (i.e, Are they getting lazy and unmotivated?)

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Guests? LOL. The athletes are customers for Russia. The privilege of having the Olympics there brings in revenue for the country.

Custom Title
    Alas, the privilege isn't going to be rescinded between now and February, and once athletes enter Russia, they are at the mercy of Russian authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Alas, the privilege isn't going to be rescinded between now and February, and once athletes enter Russia, they are at the mercy of Russian authority.
    Yes... which is why they must be careful now. Lease, stupid summits, et al are just putting athletes in unnecessary dire straits.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    To me, virtue and Moir's Carmen was an amazing piece of work. Unfortunately, the skaters never performed it to its potential. Little problems here and there with the execution held them back. JMO.
    Not only that, but I think that program in particular highlighted a much bigger problem inherent in the very idea of "Ice Dancing": that all ice dance programs must go back to the base of ballroom dancing. The beginning and the ending of the Carmen program incorporated modern dance moves and vocabulary. But then, as per the rules, the middle section went back to its base of ballroom dancing. And the program sagged in the middle. But dem's de rules. I would have loved to see what the program could/would have looked like, if they weren't tied to the ballroom tradition by the rules.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    It's not an assumption at all, unless Meryl&Charlie are robots who haven't yet been programmed to answer the question. At some point in their lives they have thought about the gay rights issue, even if just briefly. It's 2013 and they are very educated people. I mean really now, come on.
    Again, you are assuming. Let's say they are very educated on the gay issue. Maybe they didn't want to give an answer, which is completely within their rights. It's really nobody's business.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10