Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Skating Lesson-should they interview Tonya for 20 year anniversary?

Skating Lesson-should they interview Tonya for 20 year anniversary?

I was looking for Scott Hamilton-he 's not there -and I know I saw epi. 1. Did he have it removed? Who do you wish to hear from? I'd like to hear Kerrigan talk about her loss to Baiul 20 years later...I think she can be forthright now. Are there other Web formats where skaters are interviewed regularly? Thank you if you know where they are.

Custard Title
    20 year anniversary? Do you mean the 20 year anniversary of the attack on Kerrigan?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    or the 1994 Olympics 20th anniversary?

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    or the 1994 Olympics 20th anniversary?
    Same thing. The 1994 Olympics was all about The Whack.

Custom Title
    I would love to hear about it in a casual manner. Not some ABC/NBC production.

Custom Title
    In my opinion Harding should not get any attention in skating world. She does not deserve it.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    I'd like to hear a 2for1 interview with Brian Boitano and Brian Orser.

I'm sure they've both spoken about the Battle of the Brians, but I've never seen a joint discussion.

It's been about 25 years, and they've both been very successful in the interim.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    In my opinion Harding should not get any attention in skating world. She does not deserve it.
    I agree! I never want to see her face again after what she instigated (and IMO she was the cause of it all). Nancy Kerrigan is very fortunate that she "only" suffered a whack on her knee from these creeps.

Custom Title
    There was never any proof that Tonya instigated anything. In fact, it was the shady boyfriend/husband and his goons who were shown to do all the work.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    There was never any proof that Tonya instigated anything. In fact, it was the shady boyfriend/husband and his goons who were shown to do all the work.
    She admitted to knowing they did it and did not report that to the authorities. On that alone a lifetime ban is justified IMO, particularly when so much evidence suggests her story doesn't add up.

I know there was a thread about Tonya giving an interview somewhere in November. At first I was well, yuck, but now anything skating related -and that was a huge game changer for pro skating-Tonya and her goons gave pro skater a solid 10 years of big, big, money. Roz Sumners has 4 houses!!!! And I agree Krislite, did the general public even care about Baiul? Or do they remember what man won gold in 94? I barely do myself. Nancy/Tonya was the story. Tonya was an abused girl who I think saw only one way to get that gold. She was poorly educated, knew nada but skating. She was immature like most skaters-they are babies who spend their time at the rink, and most must give up school to get to the top.

Everyone wants to know what nancy feels about Tonya. SHe addressed that in 1998 in a joint interview on TV. But she said little over the years re Oksana. I really feel that was the only Gold medal wuzrobbed I have seen. She should have won based on the skates and the rules at the time. Oksana would still have been a star with silver. America embraced her just as they did Katia a year later for different reasons. Again, are there aany other interview formats like TSL who are talking with impt. skaters???? What would be a very good blog where author has great contacts? There must be others. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I do hope she has finally turned her personal life around for good (becoming a mom, etc.),

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I'd like to hear a 2 for 1 interview with Brian Boitano and Brian Orser.

I'm sure they've both spoken about the Battle of the Brians, but I've never seen a joint discussion.

It's been about 25 years, and they've both been very successful in the interim.
    Would to see this happen. I think they are both very respectful of each other. I admire the fact that Brian wold invite Brian O. to skate in his skating shows.

I think all the suggestions would be great interviews, even Tonya Harding. Having a hard-knock life is by no means any excuse for what happened, but considering her circumstances, the company she was keeping and her own personal short-comings you can see how she would go down the path that she did. People make mistakes. It's tragic that she lacked a good support system to help rein her in and give her a reality check as to what was happening to her career. She had so much talent, and I don't think her accomplishments as a skater should be ignored either. As for Nancy, I too was baffled when she lost to Oksana and it would be interesting to hear her thoughts on that. I was only a kid at the time but to me it was pretty obvious who skated better. Also an interview of the two Brians would be fabulous. I always wished they could have tied for the gold.

Incidentally, Scott Hamilton's interview on TSL is still available. They just moved their website so maybe that's why you couldn't find it. If you follow their facebook page they have a link to it. Other places where you can find interviews of people in the skating world are Is That A Skate Guard In Your Pocket Or Are You Happy To See Me? and The Manleywoman Skatecast.

Custom Title
    Tonya Harding has, to my knowledge, never spoken about The Whack unless she was paid to do so, and I doubt she will change her tune this late in the game. But it would be priceless to see Tonya go head to head with Aunt Joyce at her bitchiest. I'd pay to see that. LOL!

Custom Title
    Does anyone think Tonya would give any honest answers? There is really nothing more we need to know about her except that she was her own worst enemy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast