Is it glaring that Trankov is a worse skater than Tatiana? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is it glaring that Trankov is a worse skater than Tatiana?

apple123

On the Ice
They were robbed of some titles by being undermarked on technical elements- 2012 Grand Prix final for instance where they skated clean in both programs and still lost lost to S&S who had a mistake in both. If they lost there it should have been on PCS, but they lost on TES to the Germans who have a much weaker twist and a mistake in both programs, which was crazy.

What are you smoking really? V/T had multiple falls and their lp is a disaster. You lost all your credibility when you mentioned 2012 Grand Prix final. Just watch yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOC1m2__DYs

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What are you smoking really? V/T had multiple falls and their lp is a disaster. You lost all your credibility when you mentioned 2012 Grand Prix final. Just watch yourselves.

I think he was referring to the year before. V/T won that SP (and with higher PCS) and had a slightly cleaner free... but look at the scores, the Germans had higher BV in both segments, so their minor errors were made up for. Couple that with V/T still being relatively fresh out of the gates as a team and still working on their chemistry, and it's no surprise that the Germans beat them. I would hope that you look at the score sheets before you suggest things like so-and-so got robbed.... or if so-and-so had received the same PCS as the person who placed ahead of them, they would have won.

noidont

Final Flight
Mm no. And I love how they are exactly as good-looking and emotionless as each other on ice. Perfect match I would say. These two should really stick around for another quad as I think they would only live up to their inner dramatic nature (especially Trankov's) while facing some real challenges.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

I am referring to the 2012 season Grand Prix final genius. Which is obvious by the very fact I mentioned the competition vs S/S, while S/S werent even at this past seasons Grand Prix final.

Big Deal

Final Flight
My point of view is as follows:

Not the ability is glaringly different. They both have good basic skills.
The problem is that Tatiana seems to be a very strongly minded, sympathetic sportman unless Maxim, who has his childish, diva-like (shall I say feminine?) attitude, causes many serious and basic faults.
Whatever happens Maxim always the one who has to be hugged and supported by her.

On the top of it: Tatiana has a very tasteful style while Maxim tends to tastlessly exaggerate things destroying the whole atmosphere time to time.

I simply think that the 2 are not in the same league intellectually, that makes the obvious difference, not the basic skill.

I would hire a sportpsychologist for him, but with these mountain high points, what could be the reason to spend money on that......?

apple123

On the Ice
I am referring to the 2012 season Grand Prix final genius. Which is obvious by the very fact I mentioned the competition vs S/S, while S/S werent even at this past seasons Grand Prix final.

You made a mistake and instead of owning up to it, you spin it. Who else call it 2012 Grand Prix final? It happened in 2011, genius! And let's be honest, with the judges firmly on their side, V/T would never lose a competition unless they totally screw it up, just like 2012 Grand Prix final. Oh wait, they even won that one with a disasterous lp. Bravo!

lcd

Match Penalty
Mm no. And I love how they are exactly as good-looking and emotionless as each other on ice. Perfect match I would say. These two should really stick around for another quad as I think they would only live up to their inner dramatic nature (especially Trankov's) while facing some real challenges.

Agreed.

The thread has, I presume, a deliberately leading title.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
You made a mistake and instead of owning up to it, you spin it. Who else call it 2012 Grand Prix final? It happened in 2011, genius! And let's be honest, with the judges firmly on their side, V/T would never lose a competition unless they totally screw it up, just like 2012 Grand Prix final. Oh wait, they even won that one with a disasterous lp. Bravo!

Like everything else you are wrong, since I already pointed out V/T skated 2 clean programs and lost the 2011/2012 season Grand Prix final to the Germans who had a mistake in both programs. If you dont believe me look up the performances which are up on youtube, or the protocals which are available at the ISU site yourself.

The thing to keep in mind is despite this talk about V/T being the judges pets V/T have NEVER won an event they didnt deserve to win, even their Grand Prix final title last year nobody argues Barazova & Larionov deserving the victory over them, and they certainly have never had a win over S/S they didnt deserve. By contrast one could argue V/T should have won both the 11/12 Grand Prix final and the 2012 Worlds, and some did argue that at the time. Granted some agreed with S/S wins at those events too. The point is anytime it is even questionable the judges have gone with S/S so far, and V/T have only won when they were clearly better. So by that if anything it is S/S who are the judges pets. On top of that it is S/S who have a history of questionable wins, not V/T- 2008 Worlds which was a huge controversy at the time with most people thinking both the Zhangs and Dube & Davidson should have beaten their messy skate, 2011 Europeans over Kavaguti & Smirnov, one of their grand prix events they won with a meltdown worse than any V/T have had since teaming up. Before V/T seemingly became the judges favorite last season (although still never having a controversial win unlike S/S's history) S/S were the ones talked about the judges pets who were held up with falls and major errors their whole careers. How quickly people forget.

PS- if either team had a questionable "result" last year it was Savchenko & Szolkowy's silver at Worlds which was in fact booed by the audience.