Yuna Kim's new sponsor | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim's new sponsor

skateluvr

Record Breaker
huge Y = huge ego? I love the watches. We in west forget Yuna is such a saleswoman. We just see the skater. May she be generous to S. Koreans and others in need. What a life she has.

Oh, don't be such a downer. No, she does not have a huge ego.Why would you imagine such a thing? Yes, she is generous to South Koreans (in particular to South Korean skaters) and to people in need around the world (through her volunteer work on behalf of Unicef, for instance). Yes, she has achieved success. Good for her.

EricRohmer

On the Ice
huge Y = huge ego? I love the watches. We in west forget Yuna is such a saleswoman. We just see the skater. May she be generous to S. Koreans and others in need. What a life she has.

Yuna is far away from huge ego person.
This is one of reasons Yuna survives:))) and is loved in maybe the most stressful & scrutinizing internet nation(S.Korea) for celebrities. :)

RABID

Final Flight
Yuna is far away from huge ego person.
This is one of reasons Yuna survives:))) and is loved in maybe the most stressful & scrutinizing internet nation(S.Korea) for celebrities. :)

I think with Yu Na it is more about her having a very traditional Asian work ethic that ironically isn't above taking advantage and even exploiting, in almost a ruthless way, her VERY OWN talents and gifts. I think the idea of "huge ego" as Westerners see it is something totally alien to her. I think she is the embodiment of modern Asia; multi talented, no longer xenophobic, confident, HUNGRY and with a strong cultural tradition as an anchor.

bibi24

Final Flight
I think with Yu Na it is more about her having a very traditional Asian work ethic that ironically isn't above taking advantage and even exploiting, in almost a ruthless way, her VERY OWN talents and gifts. I think the idea of "huge ego" as Westerners see it is something totally alien to her. I think she is the embodiment of modern Asia; multi talented, no longer xenophobic, confident, HUNGRY and with a strong cultural tradition as an anchor.

thanks brah nice words

yyyskate

Record Breaker
wow, well said. she is indeed the embodiment of modern Asia. modern Asian beauty!! That's why she is loved everywhere:love:

Very nicely put.

I'm glad to see you mention the word confidence. There's a difference between being egotistical and being confident. Any star has to have a certain amount of self-assurance because that's what enables him or her to push forward. As for her signature, I'm sure she practiced developing a signature that would look distinctive for autographs. Many people in the public eye seem to do that; very few celebrity signatures look like ordinary handwriting.

Nadia01

Final Flight

Why do you make such a negative assumption based on her signature? Her signature always had a big Y even when she was a youngster.

Besides, you seem to know nothing about all the nice things she does on behalf of Unicef and other various charity organizations (she donated her own money -- rather sizable $ -- for the rebuilding & helping the Haitian victims).

The people who seem most critical and negative about others' good fortune and make snide remarks about how they should use their money to help others also seem to be the most stingy w/ their own money to help out others. :-/

YunaBliss

On the Ice
This should be in her fan thread, not in the Edge.

Anyway, this is nice, but I prefer her recent cereal commercials. Yuna is SMOKING HOT in those commercials. :biggrin: