Thread: Courtney Hicks

Courtney Hicks

I want to be the first to start this thread so when Courtney wins the U.S. championship I can say I was at the front of the line.

You all don't have to post on this thread now, but little by little as the season progresses you will wish you had.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I want to be the first to start this thread so when Courtney wins the U.S. championship I can say I was at the front of the line.

You all don't have to post on this thread now, but little by little as the season progresses you will wish you had.
    Thoughtful and timely. Her supporters will be rooting for her at Skate Canada for sure.

Congratulations to Courtney on her Grand Prix season. With two fourth place finishes she is now a podium threat.

I hope she works on fine tuning her movements. There are places where a little more stretch and attention to detail would make a huge difference in the visual appeal of her skating. For example, she does a Russian split type of leap in her FS where her knees are bent and her back is a bit hunched over. If she stretched her legs and straightened her back, even just a little bit more, that movement would look much, much better.

I would be happy to see Courtney on the podium at nationals. I love her big jumps and power, two attributes that are sadly lacking in Ladies skating today.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

I'm with you. I was really surprised to see how much I enjoyed her skating this season.

Ferinheight should never enter negatives! StitchMonkey's Avatar
    So basically this is the hipster reservation thread "I loved Courtney before it was cool to love Courtney"

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    If Courtney had landed her Lutz at Skate Canada in the SP she would have scored enough in overall points to win a bronze medal. She still got a 56 with an invalid element which scored zero points in her SP There is real potential here. I think she may do some damage this year at US Nationals.

Q:How did the hipster burn his mouth?
    A: He ate his pizza before it was cool
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 11-24-2014 at 06:23 PM.

I like Courntney. She has so much potential, her jumps are WoW!!!

I always thought Courtney had a lot of promise. I'd argue she's improved since I saw her back in 2011 when she won the Jr. National title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4LnYqGAKZ8

Custom Title
    I love Courtney. Her jumps are amazing and deserve +2 GOE when she does them well. I hope she is able to do well at Nationals and make the World team. She will need to skate clean and bring her 3-3 combo to do it.

Ice is slippery.
    She reminds me a bit of Harding. Shes definitely a power skater and I enjoyed watching her for her speed and jumps Very nice lutz but she has to work on the spins and artistry though.

Custom Title
    I didn't know much about Courtney prior to this season and I expected to dislike her, based on what so many people said, but I really like her too! I think she's more artistic than she's given credit for. I get the sense that she really likes the music for both her programs this year and wants to do them justice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I always thought Courtney had a lot of promise. I'd argue she's improved since I saw her back in 2011 when she won the Jr. National title: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4LnYqGAKZ8
    Check out the step sequence from 3:13 to 3:31 -- she stays on one foot that whole time!

I hadn't seen Courtney Hicks until this year, so my first reaction upon seeing this video was, "Wow, she looked so much taller back then! And she's gotten a lot more muscular." But then I went back and looked at Skate Canada 2013, and then SC from this year, and... nope, her body type hasn't changed, but her costuming this year makes her look a lot stockier and more short-waisted than she actually is. Please get new dresses, Courtney.

I really enjoy her short program and hope she can get on the podium at nationals this year. Her 3Loop is a thing of beauty; I love the delayed rotation and the arms with her hands near her hips. The height she gets on her jumps is insane -- I wonder if she would ever consider training a quad.