Courtney Hicks | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Courtney Hicks

LRK

Record Breaker
I recommend not watching. Not just Courtney but really any of the skates- it was a highly depressing competition. I do hope Courtney will at least be able to pull up to a top 5 finish- that should be doable for her and then she may get 4CCs :)

Yeah, I've been reading the competition thread; it does all sound rather... dire... Reading the results page my reaction can pretty much be summed up along the lines of:

:jaw::shocked::drama:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm surprised no one has been by to cheer Courtney on lately :) I love her Disney programs this year, especially the short- I think the Malificent music really suits her! I hope she'll be able to turn in two strong performances this weekend- it would be super if she was able to medal in both her GP's :cheer:

LRK

Record Breaker
Any news on Courtney?

I'll be cheering for her - I do so hope she can skate two great programs & do herself justice!

Go, Courtney! Be fierce, be dramatic & sinister! Go, Maleficent!

:cheer:

LRK

Record Breaker
Just read Jackie Wong's PBP, and... Oh, Courtney... Sigh. And that SP is one of my favourite programs of the season too... Such a pity... I hope she can come back strong in the FP - for her own sake if nothing else.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Courtney in FS at US Nats! :clapper::clapper: I'll be cheering for her in front of TV Saturday morning (in my time zone :)). :cheer:

LRK

Record Breaker
I watched Courtney's SP performance, and they said she was suffering from an injury to the knee - if that was the reason for the bad skate, then that does not augur well for the free skate. It's well to be prepared for the worst - but yet hope for the best.

Courage, Courtney - just go out there and do the best you can!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I watched Courtney's SP performance, and they said she was suffering from an injury to the knee - if that was the reason for the bad skate, then that does not augur well for the free skate. It's well to be prepared for the worst - but yet hope for the best.

Courage, Courtney - just go out there and do the best you can!

If she's truly inured I actually wish she'd WD at this point... she's too far behind to do well enough to increase her funding for next year or get named to the 4CCs or World teams, it would be better to recover IMO.

Regardless I wish her all the best tonight. I truly enjoy her skating and truly hope that one year will be her year at Nationals.

LRK

Record Breaker
If she's truly inured I actually wish she'd WD at this point... she's too far behind to do well enough to increase her funding for next year or get named to the 4CCs or World teams, it would be better to recover IMO.

Regardless I wish her all the best tonight. I truly enjoy her skating and truly hope that one year will be her year at Nationals.

That's true. I suppose it depends on how it affects her - is she suffering from it badly, or is it just "enough" to throw her off her timing? Or is it the loss of proper training time? I suppose it depends on how well they think she can make it through a long program. It's also possible that they think that the injury isn't "big" enough to "warrant" a withdrawal... I think skaters tend to try to "push through" regardless - and probably they have to cultivate that mindset or they'd have quit long since.

Oh, well... Anyway, good luck Courtney, whatever you choose to do!

Oh, and I don't usually do this, but.. I do almost wish she'd keep her Maleficent program for another year - I've not seen it performed enough yet!

MIM

Medalist
I watched Courtney’s performance at the automotive classics. I am happy that she has two decent programs (the sp was very nice!!) and two beautiful dresses. She looked graceful. Although she struggled on combo jumps, her solo jumps were huge (as always) and solid. Also, her skating looked polished yet powerful, which I wanted to see see from her for a long time. I wish all the best for her to skate well at the SC.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Where has she been?? Coaching change confirmed? What’s the new music? Where did all the US ladies go???☹️😭

Yes, she's coached by Kori Ade and has been in Colorado for several months now. As for music, what we know so far is that she's doing a tango (or skating to tango music) for one of her programs (and it's choreographed by Rohene Ward).

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Courtney is still around! :biggrin: Saw her tonight at the DuPage Open competition at Glacier Ice Arena in Vernon Hills, IL. I didn't see her SP, which was last night. Tonight she skated her FS to the Nutcracker Pas de Deux. Program was a little rough around the edges which is to be expected this early in the season. Some jumps were doubles which I'm sure will be triples once the Grand Prix is here.

It was hard to take photos / videos with the annoying plexiglass, so here's just a couple second video clip. https://twitter.com/Arriba627FS/status/1025960662353301507