25 Riona KATO JPN 5 55.92
26 Amber GLENN USA 4 56.84
27 Alexandra PROKLOVA RUS 1 63.43
28 Jenni SAARINEN FIN 6 54.98

Live results
ISU JGP YouTube Channel

Slowdive

On the Ice
A 7.16 TES from the Argentinian girl? What did she do? Skated around the rink a couple times and then called it a day?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wang is a headcase and cannot skate a clean FS ? :confused:

No JGPF for Wang
why was she sent here again and and face Proklova, Sotskova, Kato
and not in Minsk where the field was very weak, with that score she still would have won silver

IleK

On the Ice
Oh, no, Angela:(. Good bye final! What happened? She used to have strong FS and bomb the SP. Now it is the opposite. I am so tired with so much figure skating, and upset because of Nikol and Christina who both fell 2 times in their LP yesterday, that I just can't watch Angela ruining herself. Maybe tomorrow.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Oh, no, Angela:(. Good bye final! What happened? She used to have strong FS and bomb the SP. Now it is the opposite. I am so tired with so much figure skating, and upset because of Nikol and Christina who both fell 2 times in their LP yesterday, that I just can't watch Angela ruining herself. Maybe tomorrow.

Kato and now Amber Glenn is currently second
are ahead of her. Wang could be in 5th position standing

I guess Sakhanovich is through as long as she wins gold in Estonia
also Sotskova got hosed on PCS

Slowdive

On the Ice
I wonder if they will end up sending Amber Glenn to Estonia since she is listed as a substitute?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
huge leap for Proklova
she wasn't even on the radar in Russian juniors last year

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wonder if they will end up sending Amber Glenn to Estonia since she is listed as a substitute?

There is no one listed on the assignments page, but word is that Hannah Miller and Tyler Pierce (US Novice champ) are slated for that spot. Hannah has been injured, however, so I'm not sure if she is competition ready at this point. If not, then maybe they will send Amber instead.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
3 falls for Jenni
too bad she still cannot skate a clean FS like Liubov

these 2 are still the future of Finnish ladies

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so through to JGPF

1 Proklova
2 Medvedeva
3 Chen
4 Edmunds
5 Sotskova

last spot either to Sakhanovich if she wins gold or Amber Glenn if she is sent and at least wins silver ?

oleada

Record Breaker
Sakhanovich needs to win to qualify, and needs Tursynbayeva to finish 3rd or lower.
Daleman can also qualify if she wins the whole event.
If Daleman wins, and Turzynbaeva finishes second with a higher point total than Sotskova, they both qualify over Sotskova.

But I suspect Maria will go.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sakhanovich needs to win to qualify, and needs Tursynbayeva to finish 3rd or lower.
Daleman can also qualify if she wins the whole event.
If Daleman wins, and Turzynbaeva finishes second with a higher point total than Sotskova, they both qualify over Sotskova.

But I suspect Maria will go.

Tursynbaeva though has never skated a clean FS even when she competed in Russian national competitions
so I guess it will be between Sakahnovich or Glenn if she is sent

silverlake22

Record Breaker
There is no one listed on the assignments page, but word is that Hannah Miller and Tyler Pierce (US Novice champ) are slated for that spot. Hannah has been injured, however, so I'm not sure if she is competition ready at this point. If not, then maybe they will send Amber instead.

Miller if healthy should get to go, but Pierce hasn't shown anything remarkable this summer and Glenn just did very well here, so if it isn't too late, I'd say Glenn deserves to go. It probably is too late though, which is why the USFS is silly and should have sent Glenn to Estonia instead of Long who bombed and was only 5th with a pretty low score at her 1st event anyways, then Glenn would have had time to be sent to a 2nd event and could have maybe made the final. They should have at least held out longer before reassigning Long in the event that a situation like this happened. Blah. Glenn was so good and Long has been mostly a mess since the summer.

oleada

Record Breaker
Um, Pierce won the US challenge skate where Glenn was 4th. I'd say that's a good result! I think both her and Glenn deserve to bit there aren't enough spots to go around. Based on previous USFS decisions, I'd be shocked if Glenn is sent over Pierce. This is a really good result for her, though and should set her up well for next year.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What happened to Angela? The SP used to be her nemesis now it seems it's the LP. Looks like the US has yet another talented headcase on their hands. A strong showing here and at Nationals and she could have gone to Jr Worlds but that's out the window now.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Not sure what's happened to Barbie Long this season nor what's going on with Angela Wang's LP's. I think it was a USFS strategic mistake to change Wang from Tallin to the stronger field in Ostrava, but too late now. At this point, they should just stick with their current roster and keep Miller and Pierce on for Estonia, assuming both are healthy and prepared. Glenn is very young (not yet 14) and has time to do the JGP again. Better that USFS look with an eye to next season too, and get multiple young ladies in front of international judges and their names out there. Having Chen and Edmunds already locked in for the final is enough.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Barbie Long doesn't get much elevation on her triple jumps so now that she's grown taller and filled out since last season, it's not surprising that they aren't working for her consistently anymore. Her PCS has always been rather weak for a skater of her jumping prowess, so now that the jumping isn't super solid anymore, nothing else about her skating is there to keep her afloat. She has a nice layback spin but the other spins are generally slow with not the best positions (which is a little confusing, because she is quite flexible as evidenced by her biellman position), and then her SS are just average and she's rather slow and workmanlike across the ice, which doesn't help her footwork. She's improved her basics and artistry quite a bit these past few years, and her programs have improved under Tanith Belbin, but it's not quite enough to get her to the next level when the jumps are hit and miss. In novice she was a jumping machine but she was also much shorter and thin as a rail then.

As for Wang idk what the deal is, she can obviously do the jumps, she hasn't changed much physically for a few seasons now. To me she looks nervous and uncomfortable on the ice at times. Also maybe she has issues forgetting mistakes and moving on with the rest of the program? It's a shame she's so talented. Obviously, she's not the most blessed physically being quite short to begin with and then having short legs on top of it, but she has good carriage and flattering costumes, and there aren't really any weak points in her skating except obviously her consistency. Ugh, she is so worthy of JGPF it's a shame she won't make it...

Also, I didn't watch the US Challenge skate so thanks for that information about Pierce. Given that result, she definitely deserves to go! I was thinking back to only the summer competitions where her scores weren't as high. And Glenn seems older than 13 but given that she is so young she certainly has plenty of time.