Thread: Are You Going to Skate America 2013?

On the Ice

Are You Going to Skate America 2013?

Hi folks,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this... Admin, if the post is inappropriate here, please move my post to the right place or let me know where to post it. I will delete it and re-post somewhere else...

I am just wondering if anybody is going to Skate America to see Daisuke and other skaters?
    I just got my whole package tickets 3 days ago. I live in Chicago and I will go to Detroit all by myself. Is there anyone from Chicago or nearby places?

I have not booked a hotel since I am looking for someone who can stay in the same hotel and go to the games together. Is anybody interested? Please PM me if you are also looking for company!

Custom Title
    Are official practices open to the public? Anybody with an all event ticket know?

All event ticket holders can attend all the practices!

I'm going by myself as well and haven't booked a room yet either Maybe I should get on that stat!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Lucky you! It looks to have a really strong entry list!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet View Post
    Hi folks,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this... Admin, if the post is inappropriate here, please move my post to the right place or let me know where to post it. I will delete it and re-post somewhere else...

I am just wondering if anybody is going to Skate America to see Daisuke and other skaters?
    I just got my whole package tickets 3 days ago. I live in Chicago and I will go to Detroit all by myself. Is there anyone from Chicago or nearby places?

I have not booked a hotel since I am looking for someone who can stay in the same hotel and go to the games together. Is anybody interested? Please PM me if you are also looking for company!
    Violet, Welcome to Golden Skate Forum!
    I am envious of you so much that you can go to Skate America next week!!! I would appreciate you very much if you will root for Daisuke for those who can't go to Detroit including me. Have a great time there!

skating philosopher
    I was just looking back at my old posts from Skate America last year -- my first live skating competition. I'm sad I couldn't make it this year! Those of you going, please write lots of good reports.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    yes, please do write good reports!

Custom Title
    The open practices should be fun to watch

On the Ice
    Thank you! I will definitely root for Daisuke!!! I will scream at the top of my lungs!!!
    It's also nice to see Takahiko, Mao, Caroline, Joubert, Rippon, Meryl, Wagner, etc....
    Just wait to see my reports,guys

Custom Title
    I will be there... because it's my last chance to see Mao or Daisuke competing in person, before they retire* (Why Mao? Why? ;_; )

Bonus - so many other great skaters I'm very interested to see, most of them for the first time in person - Davis/White... Brown... Aaron... Volosozhar/Trankov... Radionova... Tuktamysheva... Kozuka... Ten... Wagner... etc etc WHAT AN EVENT!

(*BTW, I went to Finlandia since that was my last chance to see Akiko Suzuki competing, before she retires. And I bought tickets for Trophee Eric Bompard, because that was my last chance to see Yuna Kim before she retires... doh)

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    I will be there... because it's my last chance to see Mao or Daisuke competing in person, before they retire* (Why Mao? Why? ;_; )

Bonus - so many other great skaters I'm very interested to see, most of them for the first time in person - Davis/White... Brown... Aaron... Volosozhar/Trankov... Radionova... Tuktamysheva... Kozuka... Ten... Wagner... etc etc WHAT AN EVENT!

(*BTW, I went to Finlandia since that was my last chance to see Akiko Suzuki competing, before she retires. And I bought tickets for Trophee Eric Bompard, because that was my last chance to see Yuna Kim before she retires... doh)
    I'm glad you have this opportunity, YesWay! Be sure to let us know what it was like.

i will be there! super excited!

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    i will be there! super excited!
    That's great, macy! I hope you have a great time.