Orser and Wilson - just go back to Hanyu's 2012 LP and Fernandez's 2013 LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Orser and Wilson - just go back to Hanyu's 2012 LP and Fernandez's 2013 LP

doctor2014

On the Ice
(They say Abe mainly choreographed those programs and he went to Russia to brush up the choreography after that. And you see some changes in choreography if you compare his performance in the shows before the competition began to those in competitions.) And I’ve read there were several choices in his mind when he decided to leave Sendai, but I haven’t read that he asked B&B but he was declined. I’m not distrusting you but perhaps there are some misunderstandings or misinterpretations between Russia and Japan :slink:
The old R&J program was not originally choreographed by Abe. B&B started to choreograph R&J in September 2010, before Hanyu skated it in any shows in 2011. Then R&J has undergone some editing in Russia in summer 2011 so that's why you see some changes in choreography between ice shows and later in competitions after the 2011-2012 season started. About the selection and final change of coach, that's tricky stuff that JSF would usually announce after the contract is signed. For example, you don't really see the Japanese media say JSF asked Plushenko to be Hanyu's coach but was declined, so that stayed a "rumor" until Plushy confirmed it himself. Well, you can treat Hanyu seeking B&B as a "rumor" because JSF would not announce this either. What I was trying to tell the thread opener and other fans is that what's done is done. Hanyu is now with Orser and Wilson. Let's not keep bringing back the old program. I think the new R&J is a nice program and just let Hanyu skate it well with more emotions next time and the judges as well as new audience will like the new R&J program.

may be Hanyu will do like what Yuna has done and eventually go back to his child hood coach again once he became more more established, stronger and more experienced and do what he needs to do to become the very best.
I don't know when did you start to follow Hanyu, but Abe is not his childhood coach. His childhood coach is Tsuzuki sensei, but he's not going back to Tsuzuki either.

airin

Rinkside
The old R&J program was not originally choreographed by Abe. B&B started to choreograph R&J in September 2010, before Hanyu skated it in any shows in 2011. Then R&J has undergone some editing in Russia in summer 2011 so that's why you see some changes in choreography between ice shows and later in competitions after the 2011-2012 season started. About the selection and final change of coach, that's tricky stuff that JSF would usually announce after the contract is signed. For example, you don't really see the Japanese media say JSF asked Plushenko to be Hanyu's coach but was declined, so that stayed a "rumor" until Plushy confirmed it himself. Well, you can treat Hanyu seeking B&B as a "rumor" because JSF would not announce this either.

I know Plushenko declined the offer from JSF cause Plushy himself talked, but I’m not sure whether it was just to coach for brief time just like Lambiel does to team Japan, or they meant to replace Abe to Plushenko. (I think the latter is not likely.) I think rumors should be treated as rumors unless someone involved officially talk about it. I agree with you that JSF wouldn’t disclose that kind of information, but I think unofficial information should be discriminated from what skaters /coaches /choreographers themselves talked or the information officially reported.

It’s just my conjecture and I’m not sure where you found the information that B&B started to choreograph it in September 2010, but isn’t there a possibility that it was a misprinting or erratum of “September 2011”? He went to a camp to Moscow to have his programs brushed up by B&B in September 2011. (He also went Moscow in October 2011 and February 2012)
It is very unusual to choreograph next season’s program in September, when even 2010-2011 season was just about to start. If it was true and reported as correct information by some media, it would be unlikely any of Japanese and English media referred nothing about that. I also think he was not expected at that time(he was only 15 in 2010) to compete well in 2011-2012, and it’s not likely that JSF did that much favor to him. Though I don’t know well about the situation in Russia, I haven’t seen any information or rumor that they choreographed R&J in Sep 2010 both in Japanese and English (All I read say B&B “helped” in the camps in Moscow). So sorry if I harmed your feeling, but I would have to say I don’t see why only in your source they said they started to choreograph it in Sep. 2010, if it was true. And I honestly think that’s a kind of misinformation by the media.
Here’s Bobrin’s interview,
http://www.sport.ru/winter/Igor_Bob...vajno_nayti_kontakt_s_publikoy/article183445/
Reading this article, it sounds Hanyu brought his new (at that time) R&J program to Bobrin after the earthquake in 2011 (I used automatic translator to English as I don’t read Russian. And I’ve got this translation; “When Yuzuru brought me the music for the new programs I listened to it and said, ‘do not want to politkonyukturnym program had the attitude that the program was reminiscent of a disaster.’ Music evoked such associations from me.”)
Sorry to be persistent on that point although I know that’s not your main point. I’m quite critical to the people who blindly admire Abe, but since I think his old R&J is one of her masterpieces I feel so sad if it was regarded as other person’s work by misunderstanding. (I believe their help was so valuable to him though.)