Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The skater with the best outfit (s)!!

Custom Title

The skater with the best outfit (s)!!

I think Ashley Wagner definitely has the best outfits of the last three years, very characteristic with his character and the music played, this season continues to surprise with its beautiful peach colored suit ... WAGNER DIVA! would be good for several skaters follow in his footsteps!

Custom Title
    Peach is a very hard color to pull off. Coral a bit easier. Ambrosia better yet. The skin coloring and all can make yuo looked washed out. Not sure what the dress for R and J had to do with R and J. Peach is light and frothy but as the color can wash you so can it the program - there is an art to dressing - color, cut, fabric and style. I think at best there should be a mixed reaction to this dress but certainly better than what the Canadian girl Osmond has been seen in - there is a girl who needs help - the cut is so bad on her. AShley is very pretty but this dress says wash out sometimes you need color to help punctuate your visiblity ie red or cobalt blue. Wine or red with gold. Empire wasited and chiffon if you want a lighter jiliet or if you like th eslip dress what about cobalt and gold though the slip dress is kind of ubiquitous. Michelle Kwan did it well with the help of Vera Wang of course. I like it better than heavy velvets which some juiliets have done - think ice dancing.

Custom Title
    Suzuki is always beautifully costumed. Wagner's R&J costume is blah. From a distance it looks like she just threw on a slip. I would have adapted the design in the 5th pic for skating.

http://www.hannahteare.com/fashion/romeo-and-juliet

Medalist
    For this season:
    I loved Julia's lp dress at Finlandia - shows you don't have to look sexy on the ice. A very elegant look. http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...NN0Jq/610x.jpg

Kiira Korpi always looks sophisticated.

Sasha Cohen's dresses still look timeless. She also had incredible makeup. She packaged up nicely. (Doesn't hurt that she is naturally beautiful).

Banned
    Yuna Kim - she always wears glittery and sparkly dress
    Carolina Kostner - love her in pants and unitards
    Julia Lipnitskaya - she has unique costumes and love all her gloves
    Kiira Korpi - very elegant dress

Akiko Suzuki - I'm obsessing over her Phantom FS dress at the moment
    Alissa Czisny
    Yuna Kim

I agree that Ashley's dresses for last few seasons have been good. However I still can't decide if I like or hate her in yellow, as in her S&D dress. Is her R&J dress actually considered peach? It looks like a light red to me. Love it or hate it, it certainly has gotten a lot of discussion. Ashley should be pleased. I personally like it a lot. Julia Lipnitskaya's FS costume was perfect. She's quite a pretty girl now that they've softened her look. Elizaveta needs to get rid of those black tights. I can't wait to see what Carolina Kostner comes up with, especially for Scheherazade. Mao's SP dress (the one-sleeved one) that she wore for the ICE is surprisingly gorgeous. Not too keen on her FS dress. What's really scaring me this season so far are Taka's and Yuzu's FS costumes. I actually didn't mind Maxim Trankov's yellow pants. Now if he would just bling them up with peace signs and flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by luisARG View Post
    I think Ashley Wagner definitely has the best outfits of the last three years, very characteristic with his character and the music played, this season continues to surprise with its beautiful peach colored suit ... WAGNER DIVA! would be good for several skaters follow in his footsteps!
    No, as others have noted, Akiko Suzuki is the best.

Ashley Wagner's dresses are nice, but she doesn't always pick the best colors and they can be a bit overdone sometimes.

Other well-dressed ladies: Kiira Korpi has gorgeous dresses and other ladies would do well to follow her example - relatively simple cuts, not a ton of ornamentation, vibrant and sometimes unusual colors. Really well done. Yuna Kim has had some lovely dresses, though last season's were so-so. But the Bond Girl costume was to die for. For those fond of the more traditional/Disney princess look, nobody does it better than Meryl Davis. Tessa Virtue has had some great dresses. Nathalie Pechalat tends to have really cool costumes that I doubt anyone else could wear, like her Circus dress. Anna Cappellini (and Luca Lanotte) have the cutest costumes, I so loved their SD ones last year and the La Strada ones two years ago. Further down the ranks, I really like the costumes for Sara Hurtado (and partner Adria Diaz) the last couple of seasons.

The men and pairs have disappointed me in recent years, especially the trend toward black being the new black among the men. Although if color means Trankov's yellow pants, I'll take the monochromatic podium from the SLC senior B.

Custom Title
    Carolina Kostner - I can't remember a bad outfit on her.
    Yuna Kim - All her senior dresses were nice, except Tango de Roxanne and early version Miss Saigon, I liked the later one for 2008 Worlds though.
    Sasha Cohen
    Alissa Czisny
    Shizuka Arakawa - She had unique taste and some radical choices. I liked some of them.
    Katia Gordeeva

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by thinspread View Post
    Carolina in 2012 was named "camel toe" kostner!!! THAT WASN´T A GREAT OUTFIT FOR HER!

Custom Title
    I'm not interested in camel or its toes. Not in pea**t and balls in men's outfit either.

Custom Title
    How do you fell about this one?:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalisasca/8425033346/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    That looked unique and nice to me. I find it better than any of those like Asada had in some years. Next pitch, please.

Custom Title
    That looked unique and nice to me. I find it better than any of those like Asada had in some years. Next pitch, please.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...na_Kostner.jpg

Custom Title
    That's bullpen pitching, dear. Throw hard.

Custom Title
    well, one more strike, dear, and you would be out. ROTFL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast