Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 Japan Open

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Listen you mean people, I saw it but for some reason I can't see it on the general board on my computer screen - some of us have real lives and jobs. Why is it people have to be so mean or self righteous on these board - no wonder there are wars.
    We are mean/self-righteous for giving you a link? What are you smoking brah? This forum is generally well behaved, it has nothing to do with wars in the real world!! Way to insult people by implying you are better than the rest of us since you have a job and we don't.

I don't understand why this thread still exists, I enjoyed the one in senior B way more than this piss poor thread by Skater Boy

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The one in Senior B still exists

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    We are mean/self-righteous for giving you a link? What are you smoking brah? This forum is generally well behaved, it has nothing to do with wars in the real world!! Way to insult people by implying you are better than the rest of us since you have a job and we don't.

I don't understand why this thread still exists, I enjoyed the one in senior B way more than this piss poor thread by Skater Boy
    It's too bad you don't understand and this isn't a competition. It is to encourage ideas and comments idealistically because for some reason people like to bully others. Why can't people simply say something oh there is another thread and here it is we don't need all the excess comments. And no, there is a lot of bullying going around or people trying to assert their view in a non positive manner. Oh and keep hitting your head against the wall bibi maybe. how is that helping matters.

Sorry all, I am fed up with this bullying I see on these boards. Back to JO - it will be exciting to see what the programs look later on in the year and I do agree Rochette had the skate of the night for the ladies even over crowd fave Mao.

Custom Title
    In Skater B's defense, the folder/forums for summer comps and senior Bs is a complete mess this year. I had a hard time finding anything myself.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Listen you mean people, I saw it but for some reason I can't see it on the general board on my computer screen ...
    S.B., sorry that you are unable to see the other thread on your computer screen. I had no idea that you were/are having an unusual technical problem (ETA, I think that is what you mean?).

Speaking only for myself, I prefer to post in the primary thread on any given topic whenever possible -- because whatever I have to say is more likely to be seen by others who are interested in the topic. I can enjoy whatever content others have posted there, and perhaps vice versa. My feeling is that a secondary thread is more likely to get less traffic [because everyone has limited time (as a result of "real lives and jobs," for example)] and that posts there will reach fewer receptive eyeballs. YMMV.

Not trying to start a war or to bully anyone. Just offering a constructive explanation of the potential disadvantage (IMHO) of an additional thread.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    In Skater B's defense, the folder/forums for summer comps and senior Bs is a complete mess this year. I had a hard time finding anything myself.
    Three cheers for Doris, who reorganized the Senior Bs into their own sub-forum about two weeks ago.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    Yeah, the structure of this forum needs major updating. There are far too many sub-forums listed near the top and they should be moved down. Any thread for a competition that is currently happening should be accessible within non-scrolling range as soon as you load the forum.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That will improve after the JGP's are over, and we move them down.

BTW, we really welcome suggestions about how to improve the board. The best place to put them is in the Feedback folder.

This board is maintained by unpaid volunteers. Consequently, sometimes real life takes the front seat to board-maintenance,and you guys suffer, but we do try to do the best we can.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 10-09-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Custom Title
    There are always going to be ways to improve boards but I personally appreciate the sense that it isn't the "wild west" as far as some of the vitriol is concerned. Admins do a fine job of creating the sense that there are freedoms but they come with reasonable limits

Custom Title
    Skater Boy, I think Chan might even miss the podium.

Custom Title
    I agree about Chan. The Japan Open shows how man great skaters there are already early on - I mean to think Fernandez scorign so well for what mean feel is a subpar "program" not elements to Chaplin. It is too bad Chan was not very bright in realizing the need for a real te chnical judge - he probably will pay the price for it and has no body to blame but himself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2