Ladies SP JGP Tallinn Cup 2013 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP JGP Tallinn Cup 2013

Country
Russia
1. Congratulations for Liza Iushenko who earned 1st place at SP! Good luck for FS! She has good PCS and deserves it.

2. Why did USFS send not-competition-ready Miller instead of medalist of Event Glenn? I can't understand it. They must know who is ready and who is not.

3. Ziquan Zhao has progress. One more potentially world-level skater, it is always good. World-level skaters always are not multiple enough.

I would be happy to see Iushenko or Glenn at JGP Final. But they (USFS and RusFed) made it impossible.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
2. Why did USFS send not-competition-ready Miller instead of medalist of Event Glenn? I can't understand it. They must know who is ready and who is not.

Possible reasons:
1) Not realizing Miller wasn't ready. She might have seemed fine.
2) Travel/time logistics of getting Glenn to Tallinn. The previous event ended on the 5th. Flying home after that would probably eat up the 6th, maybe into the 7th depending on when they actually left. Flying back to Europe for a competition that it looks like the other skaters got there on the 9th would be incredibly exhausting. Last minute travel arrangements from the US would not be impossible, but wouldn't have necessarily been easy. I don't know if they even expected Glenn to do as well as she did. Not that she would do horrible, but that her highest summer score this season was 148.61 and her bronze score from Ostrava was 16 points higher. Had they had an idea of how well, they might have been able to arrange for her to go to Tallinn right after the Ostrava event without flying home.

I know Russia's done that a few times (assigning skater to the 6th event, getting a good result, and an immediate 7th event assignment), but the travel time, while not insignificant, is still quite a bit less than flying from the US (especially since Glenn is from Texas)

Country
Russia
Possible reasons:
1) Not realizing Miller wasn't ready. She might have seemed fine.
2) Travel/time logistics of getting Glenn to Tallinn. The previous event ended on the 5th. Flying home after that would probably eat up the 6th, maybe into the 7th depending on when they actually left. Flying back to Europe for a competition that it looks like the other skaters got there on the 9th would be incredibly exhausting. Last minute travel arrangements from the US would not be impossible, but wouldn't have necessarily been easy. I don't know if they even expected Glenn to do as well as she did. Not that she would do horrible, but that her highest summer score this season was 148.61 and her bronze score from Ostrava was 16 points higher. Had they had an idea of how well, they might have been able to arrange for her to go to Tallinn right after the Ostrava event without flying home.

I know Russia's done that a few times (assigning skater to the 6th event, getting a good result, and an immediate 7th event assignment), but the travel time, while not insignificant, is still quite a bit less than flying from the US (especially since Glenn is from Texas)

If US or Russian Junior Lady can't pretend to JGP Event medal - why has she JGP Event? (medal may be or be not - but chance to medal is)
Possibility of medal must be seen before Event.

So case that Glenn has medal must be calculated before Event.
And in this case simplest solution is to pay for hotel for few days, it is less expensive than flight to USA and back to Europe.
Best - to go to Tallinn just afier 6th Event and to live there these days. I believe it is no serious problem to have training ice (payed, it is also not so expensive) these days.

All problems may be solved.

Btw, for Russians it is also not so easy. I know skater (liveing in Moscow, so no time for travelling from Moscow to other place and from other place to Moscow) who witdrawn from home to next Event 30 hours after arrival from previous Event.

mskater93

Record Breaker
She was struggling with her injury for a long time...I'm not sure when it started but im pretty sure it lasted the whole summer. as far as I know its healed, but she hasn't competed since us nationals, that's 10 months ago. Her confidence just wasn't there tonight. Hannah's a fighter, she will be just fine :)

She DID compete in June at a local competition, so she HAS competed since Nationals. She looked strong then, but if the injury cropped up after