Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How is battle of the blades going in Canada?

Custom Title
    Who are these people??? Marcy and Lee Harris that is?

Skater Boy I just can't believe you don't know who Marcy and Lee are . Just kidding, really . Marcy Hinzmann skated pairs for the U. S. with Aaron Parcham. They won the bronze medal at U. S. Nationals in 2005 and the silver medal in 2006. They went on to the Olympics in 2006 where they placed 13th and to Worlds where thy placed 11th. Marcy retired from competition in 2006.

Lee Harris is Canadian but skated pairs for the U. S. He was the 2002 U. S. Junior Champion and was 12th at the 2002 World Jr. Championship.

He started skating with Marcy and they did shows and cruise ship tours for several years. They got married and coached near Columbus, OH for several years. They were very popular at the Skate for Hope show in Columbus which raises money for cancer research.

As I discovered recently, they are now divorced. Lee is still skating in the Skate for Hope shows and coaching. Marcy is doing the Battle of the Blades show (which I've never seen).

Jamie was a much better known skater who did the show and ended up divorced. It appears maybe Marcy has followed suit.

Custom Title
    Oh I have heard of Marcy then. I am not sure about these skating shows; they are fairly brief but so many broken marriages - wasn't there an american show and I think it was Lloyd eisler broke up with his wife a Canadian cooking host or something for some B star actress - it sounds so sordid so...like in the 90's when Russia's no. 1 male Zhulin in dance was having an affair with the no. 2 female in dance and then the homebody Usova pushed the temptress Pasha or Oksana's head into a bowl of soup. I am sorry I brought tis up and forgot that these all weren't the happiest of situations. Is there a higher divorce rate among skaters? Maybe because it is a bit artificial - you marry those you are around it is a very close knit community and you travel on tour, practice together etc. the odds are some of those skater to skater weddings weren't meant to be it is like when you follow in your parents footsteps with jobs - it is understanding the issue of nurture versus nature but it is natural always and thus things don't work out. We are all lonely people I guess searching for something better - I hope that is not the real attitude of this world but you wonder sometimes...

Custom Title
    Oh I have heard of Jamie - she is that girl that won the OGM after a lot of screaming and I ran into her buying furniture. I got to learn a lot about her. It was pretty amazing.

#TeamAUS
    I have only been able to find videos formthe preview show and e first lkve performance. Does anyone know where i can watch the second and third live performances because cbc has geoblocked the show!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2