She is worse only with jumps. She falls too much (in comparison with other Russian top level juniors who seem to be very consistent). But she still has 'it', the X factor, that little thing that makes you watch her. Soft knees, lovely edges, very good presentation... Hope she will get the consistency back.
Originally Posted by AlexRus
LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)
1. Serafima SAKHANOVICH (RUS) - 164.48 Free Skate
2. Elizaveta IUSHENKO (RUS) - 159.86 Free Skate
3. Miyabi OBA (JPN) - 152.13 Free Skate
4. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 147.89 Free Skate
5. Elizabet TURZYNBAEVA (KAZ) - 145.85 Free Skate
6. Tyler PIERCE (USA) - 143.91 Free Skate
7. Liubov EFIMENKO (FIN) - 137.39 Free Skate
8. Larkyn AUSTMAN (CAN) - 133.43 Free Skate
9. Kyueun KIM (KOR) - 132.45 Free Skate
10. Maria-Katharina HERCEG (GER) - 132.27 Free Skate
11. Ziquan ZHAO (CHN) - 128.80 Free Skate
12. Hannah MILLER (USA) - 128.20 Free Skate
13. Ivett TOTH (HUN) - 126.65 Free Skate
14. Lena MARROCCO (FRA) - 118.26 Free Skate
15. Netta SCHREIBER (ISR) - 117.65 Free Skate
16. Aleksandra GOLOVKINA (LTU) - 114.90 Free Skate
17. Chantelle KERRY (AUS) - 111.18 Free Skate
18. Guia Maria TAGLIAPIETRA (ITA) - 104.21 Free Skate
19. Rebecka EMANUELSSON (SWE) - 99.83 Free Skate
20. Ieva GAILE (LAT) - 95.56 Free Skate
21. Anna KHNYCHENKOVA (UKR) - 95.34 Free Skate
22. Alicia TSINGISSER (EST) - 94.97 Free Skate
23. Eike LANGERBAUR (EST) - 88.97 Free Skate
24. Samantha CABILES (PHI) - 86.21 Free Skate
25. Vala Run MAGNUSDOTTIR (ISL) - 84.23 Free Skate
26. Natalja GORDEEVA (EST) - 84.11 Free Skate
27. Kim BELL (NED) - 83.40 Free Skate
28. Isabella SCHUSTER-VELISSARIOU (GRE) - 82.47 Free Skate
29. Ceciliane Mei Ling HARTMANN (SIN) - 79.50 Free Skate
30. Michelle QUINTERO (MEX) - 72.81 Free Skate
nice program from tyler! LOVE her footwork sequence! matches the music perfectly
Agree! Tyler's FS is one of my favourites!
Originally Posted by macy
Can we just talk about Serafima not doing just a 3F-3T but a 3F-Tano 3T?!?!?! I don't think I've ever seen a skater do a Tano-3T in combination. That's insane!
(Although she really doesn't need to do the Tano on both of her other two combinations, too...)
Dornbush was doing Rippon 3Lz+Rippon 3T in his FS last year!! But Serafima's tano 3T is really impressive, too...
Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy
but terrible technique though, look at those bent knees anyone ?
Are you a skater? when I was jumping, my coach kept telling me to bend the knees (exactly as she is doing). Soft landings is a good thing. Less wear and tear for the knee joints. Do you realise that landing has an impact of four times of your weight? And if it is hard landing, without the knee action, it can be up to six times of your weight. During their practice skaters do quite a few jumps, it all adds up. Not surprising that skaters get injured.
Originally Posted by sky_fly20
Yes, and look at Nobunari Oda and his extremely soft knee bend.
Originally Posted by hanca
thats what Im saying her bent knees landing is stiff not soft !
Originally Posted by hanca
a recipe for injuries
I also think Sakhanovich's landings are a little stiff-legged though not Butyrskaya stiff! She's also breaking at the waist and pitching forward for those landings--not sure if that's been a habit picked up early in her training, or recent development due to getting used to new body and center of gravity. But it needs to be fixed.