Skate America Predictions
One week to first ISU GP. So excited, especially in this season (#Sochi14). Who will win Skate America, second and third?
My predictions (hope too):
1- Mao ASADA. Maybe not win short program, but then in free program get the top.
2- Elena RADIONOVA. She will be the surprise in ISU GP, this season, like others olympic seasons who can't go is always medalled.
3- Ashley WAGNER. Good skate, but not enough.
4- Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA. Rough beginning, like always.
5- Mae Berenice MEITE
6- Samantha CESARIO
7- Valentina MARCHEI
8- Viktoria HELGESSON
9- Caroline ZHANG
10- Elene GEDEVANISHVILI
1- Max AARON. I hope he win. Good programs and at home, perfect to get gold.
2- Daisuke TAKAHASHI. The second mark will help him.
3- Takahiko KOZUKA. Good skate, but his free program costume put him in 3rd. lol
4- Tatsuki MACHIDA
5- Denis TEN. I think he will not start well.
6- Jason BROWN
7- Brian JOUBERT. I even think he won't compete.
8- Adam RIPPON
9- Artur GACHINSKI
10- Alexander MAJOROVPairs
1- Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV. Easily... They will win everything, fair or not.
2- Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH. They will skate very nicely.
3- Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN. Home factor.
4- Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK. Nice, some erros, but not enough.
5- Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR
6- Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
7- Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY
8- Margaret PURDY / Michael MARINARO
1- Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE. Easily too, I love them, so great, but Merly dissapoint me with some speeches,
2- Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE. They will start this season very well. I looking forward to watch the news programs.
3- Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI. Home factor too.
4- Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
5- Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES
6- Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV
7- Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS
8- Cathy REED / Chris REED
Ladies and Men will be stuff. Many good skaters. Pairs not easy to predict 2nd, 3rd and 4th places.
Post your predictions in the Predictions Game thread! http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...099#post772099
I do like idea of making prediction for each individual event in the tread for that event rather than a generic thread to predict every event.
People who don't want to play in the game are welcome to post predictions elsewhere, like this thread. But the game is fun and it's good to get into the competitor spirit!
Anyways, my prediction for ladies is the same as many had predicted.
"Hold an edge and look sexy!"
1. Mao Asada
2. Elena Radionova
3. Ashley Wagner
4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
5. Mae Berenice Meite
6. Viktoria Helgesson
7. Valentina Marchei
8. Elene Gedevanishvili
9. Samantha Cesario
10. Caroline Zhang
1. Max Aaron
2. Artur Gachinski
3. Takahiko Kozuka
4. Daisuke Takahashi
5. Jason Brown
6. Adam Rippon
7. Tatsuki Machida
8. Alexander Majorov
1. Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov
2. Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch
3. Vanessa James / Morgan Cipres
4. Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek
5. Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov
6. Caydee Denney / John Coughlin
7. Marissa Castelli / Simon Shnapir
8. Felicia Zhang / Nate Bartholomay
1. Meryl Davis / Charlie White
2. Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte
3. Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani
4. Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue
5. Pernella Carron / Lloyd Jones
6. Isabella Tobias / Deividas Stagniunas
7. Julia Zlobina / Alexei Sitnikov
8. Cathy Reed / Chris Reed
3. Mao . yaaa, predicting a disaster
7- Brian JOUBERT. I even think he won't compete.
Yes, he won't be there. But according to some press releases it is not his own choice, but that of his federation. He is not allowed to compete because he missed the French Masters.
I told. Sometimes I think he is a kind of bad boy (that is not necessarily bad lool)... Maybe French federation is punishing him. He doesn't look concentrate in this season.
Originally Posted by Willemijn
1. Takahashi tends to do well at Skate America
2. Aaron can overwhelm by BV but his PCS is
3. Kozuka could get lucky at Skate America
1. Asada is exceptionally highly motivated in this early season
2. Wagner wil be held up because this is USA
3. Radionova .... de facto 2nd place
i think the top 3 can be in any order...ashley can deliver and has a great program this season as does mao, but her nerves can get the best of her. and this is elena's first GP ever, so she could be nervous and make mistakes. but we will see
If Mao completes her jumps, I think she is unbeatable at this competition. But that is a big if. I think she can afford two mistakes in addition on her jumps in addition to edge calls on her lutz. More than that leaves the door open for Radionova. I think Elena could be the surprise of the GP season. I don't think Ashley's program is as good as her Black Swan program that beat Mao at 4CC's in 2012, so I don't think she can contend for gold. But stranger things have happened!
More or less: more is more
I always suck at this, but let's give it a try
1. Takahiko Kozuka JPN
2. Max Aaron USA
3. Daisuke Takahashi JPN
4. Tatsuki Machida JPN
5. Jason Brown USA
6. Artur Gachinski RUS
7. Adam Rippon USA
8. Alexander Majorov SWE
1. Mao Asada JPN
2. Elena Radionova RUS
3. Ashley Wagner USA
4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva RUS
5. Valentina Marchei ITA
6. Samantha Cesario USA
7. Mae Berenice Meite FRA
8. Viktoria Helgesson SWE
9. Elene Gedevanishvili GEO
10. Caroline Zhang USA
1. Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov RUS
2. Kirsten Moore-Towers / Dylan Moscovitch CAN
3. Caydee Denney / John Coughlin USA
4. Stefania Berton / Ondrej Hotarek ITA
5. Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov RUS
6. Marissa Castelli / Simon Shnapir USA
7. Felicia Zhang / Nathan Bartholomay USA
8. Margaret Purdy / Michael Marinaro CAN
1. Meryl Davis / Charlie White USA
2. Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte ITA
3. Maia Shibutani / Alex Shibutani USA
4. Madison Hubbell / Zachery Donohue USA
5. Pernelle Carron / Lloyd Jones FRA
6. Isabella Tobias / Deividas Stagniunas LTU
7. Julia Zlobina / Alexei Sitnikov AZE
8. Cathy Reed / Chris Reed JPN
1 Jason Brown USA
2 Daisuke Takahashi JPN
3 Tatsuki Machida JPN
4 Takahiko Kozuka JPN
5 Artur Gachinski RUS
6 Alexander Majorov SWE
7 Adam Rippon USA
8 Max Aaron USA