Thread: U.S. Regionals (Oct. 2013) & Qualifiers to Sectionals

Custom Title

U.S. Regionals (Oct. 2013) & Qualifiers to Sectionals

3 Regionals are complete and 3 more have started - links to the 9 individual event sites and results pages are compiled in my blog: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/regionals/

I've begun an unofficial compilation of singles qualifiers to the 3 Sectionals in November so far: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/sectionals/

Custom Title
    Nice to see Alissa Czisny made it through with no problems. Thanks Sylvia.

No clean triple for Alissa, though...

Custom Title
    thanks for posting this! It's oddly difficult to find these results or really anything about regionals on the icenetwork site. : /

does anyone know if they'll be posting video soon of the competitions? I'd love to see what Alissa and Rachael are doing this season.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    OK, this question is related to the actual topic, if only in my mind...

What is the shelf life of Minimum TES or other qualifying standard?

Do Rachel or Alissa have a qualifying score for Olympics... would the Nat Champs suffice (providing they meet the minimums) or would they need to find an international competition somewhere to earn them?

Oh yeah... if they already have a non-expired qualification, what about a skater who does not?

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    OK, this question is related to the actual topic, if only in my mind...

What is the shelf life of Minimum TES or other qualifying standard?

Do Rachel or Alissa have a qualifying score for Olympics... would the Nat Champs suffice (providing they meet the minimums) or would they need to find an international competition somewhere to earn them?

Oh yeah... if they already have a non-expired qualification, what about a skater who does not?
    Rachael has a qualifying TES score from Skate America. Alissa does not.

Custom Title
    Rachel just won Central Pacifics with a 139.48 total. Doubled a lot of jumps and singled an axel. Got 3's and 4's on her spin and footwork levels. Looks like she needs some competitions to get back to form.

Also noticed that Anna Grace Davidson - last year's National Intermediate Ladies winner - withdrew from regionals (novice). I don't think she has competed at all this summer or fall.

Custom Title
    Well so far Yasmin Siraj has the highest Combined Total for regionals with 153. She did four triples in her long, but had level 4s on two spins and her step sequence in the long and a level 3 on the other spin.

Banned
    any videos from Flatt ?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Only the recent Evening With Champions performance

Central Pacific Regionals video is now available on Icenetwork (Rachael FLatt's region).

Thanks so much for doing this...very helpful......
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    3 Regionals are complete and 3 more have started - links to the 9 individual event sites and results pages are compiled in my blog: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/regionals/

I've begun an unofficial compilation of singles qualifiers to the 3 Sectionals in November so far: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/sectionals/