Thread: Skating on TV via Internet

Rinkside

Skating on TV via Internet

Hi.

This is my first post, so apologies if it has been mentioned before:

Does anyone know how I can get a link to streams of skating events taking place around the world such as Skate America and other ISU competitions please?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevens View Post
    Hi.

This is my first post, so apologies if it has been mentioned before:

Does anyone know how I can get a link to streams of skating events taking place around the world such as Skate America and other ISU competitions please?
    I don't know if I am allowed to do this but try fsuniverse. As well, keep your eyes open here. The closer to events the more such information finds its way here. By the way, welcome.

Custom Title
    Welcome, Chris!

If you haven't had time to orientate yourself around the site yet, then a good place to look is always the competition threads:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/for...ons-and-Events

The closer to the specific event, the greater the chance that the info will be there. (We have some members who are really great at finding these things.)

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Welcome, Chris.

If you are located in the U.S., and if you are willing to pay a fee to IceNetwork, it offers live streaming of GPs and other ISU events.

Another reason to keep an eye on the Competition threads here at GS (although no guarantees):
    You frequently will find there links to "unofficial" videos that crop up on YouTube and other sites soon after competitive skates.
    Sometimes such videos are posted almost immediately after the real-time skates -- and in turn, some very alert GS members often are extremely quick to share the links.

Although your question was about live streaming, access to video information also might come in handy for you -- as it does for many of us.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Welcome to Golden Skate, Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    The closer to the specific event, the greater the chance that the info will be there. (We have some members who are really great at finding these things.)
    For events that are being broadcast on Eurosport, I normally post the broadcast times for Eurosport International, Eurosport Deutschland, Eurosport France and British Eurosport a few days before the event starts (Eurosport's schedule changes that frequently that there is no point doing it any further in advance).

Thank you for the kind words, LRK.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Another reason to keep an eye on the Competition threads here at GS (although no guarantees)
    Well, there is now a guarantee for Skate America!

If you go into the Competition sub-forum for Skate America, I have just started a thread for TV schedules and livestreams.

And, in the first post, I have posted the Eurosport timings for Skate America. Unfortunately, the amount of Skate America that Eurosport is broadcasting is very disappointing. But, if they stick to what they say they are going to show, there will be much more of Skate Canada shown.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan