Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Which three Japanese men will go to Sochi?

Which three Japanese men will go to Sochi?

Well, there is a thread for Japanese ladies, so why not a thread for Japanese men?
    You can express who are going / who would you like to go.
    For me it seems Daisuke and Yuzuru are pretty much promised, then I hope Tatsuki to go according to this summer's his progress.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    Well, there is a thread for Japanese ladies, so why not a thread for Japanese men?
    You can express who are going / who would you like to go.
    For me it seems Daisuke and Yuzuru are pretty much promised, then I hope Tatsuki to go according to this summer's his progress.
    I like the three you mentioned, however, I would also like to see Kozuka go. No matter what happens, it will be heartbreaking :(

Custom Title
    This is one of those moments when I wish other countries could adopt one or more of the Japanese men.

Custom Title
    Machida? Oda? Kozuka? Wow, how does one pick. I just can't pick one.

~high art~
    Takahiko Kozuka

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Machida? Oda? Kozuka? Wow, how does one pick. I just can't pick one.
    They have Mura, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    This is one of those moments when I wish other countries could adopt one or more of the Japanese men.

Most of all, I want "Taka" to get one of those spots!

Custom Title
    From all countries Japan is in worst position as they have so many really talented male singles skaters... Impossible to predict who might be the third skater, but Takahashi and Hanyu surely are the first and second to go to the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Please let me put some information here

"Get Sports" featured the Japanese male skaters especially 3 skaters compete in Skate America (aired on October 13).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4lRsG59MTM

"Hadaka-no-athlete 2" featured Yuzuru Hanyu (aired on October 12).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKsW...ature=youtu.be

Machida is really looking good!! He said that he changed how he jumps the quad and it seemed working very well. Now I have no idea who are going to Sochi...

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia
    Oh, I think germany could do that! Oda won Nebelhorn here the last 2 years anyway - see, he feels comfortable here already

But, on a serious note - I'm really afraid of how the japanese nats are going to turn out. I love all 6 of the japanese top men, and I'll be sad for everyone who stays home. My guess would still be Dai + Yuzu + Kozu, though.

Custom Title
    I assume the JSF has their usual setup for determining who gets to go? The top GP finisher gets seeded and solid performance throughout the season is a factor in the remaining two spots.

Custom Title
    I love kozuka but I am sad to say that Oda may get the nod.
    I think Hanyu and Dai are a given.

Medalist
    Mathil on Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread on FSU explained why there is only a slight chance Hanyu won't go to Sochi.
    Thanks to mathil.

As of now, considering JSF's criteria of selection, he could already qualify as third entry:

" The third entry is selected among the player who leaked out from the 2nd selection, the upper three Japanese of world standing in the time of the end of Japan Nationals and the upper three Japanese of ISU season best score. "

However things go this season, considering his current world standing (#1) it is unlikely he will drop under Machida (#7), who is the third of the upper three in WS, by December.
    I was wondering if this is why he was sent to Finlandia Trophy. I went to Dreams on Ice this summer. Unlike past years this summer DOI feautured mainly young skaters of the next generation after Sochi, and Hanyu was the center of it. I felt JSF officials and the people who managed shows already had a huge expectation on him by the way they were watching him. But it's only my speculation and guess, and there's no evidence or proof for them. I may be wrong.

Custom Title
    Daisuke Takahashi, Yuzuru Hanyu, Nobunari Oda
    Alternates: Takahiko Kozuka then Tatsuki Machida

Mura is the least captivating of the Japanese skater for me.

Is Yuzuru retiring after Sochi? I heard rumors about it. Hanyu, Kozuka, Machida, and Mura can definitely hold men's skating in Japan for the next quadrennial

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Paola D View Post
    I was wondering if this is why he was sent to Finlandia Trophy. I went to Dreams on Ice this summer. Unlike past years this summer DOI feautured mainly young skaters of the next generation after Sochi, and Hanyu was the center of it. I felt JSF officials and the people who managed shows already had a huge expectation on him by the way they were watching him. But it's only my speculation and guess, and there's no evidence and proof for them. I may be wrong.
    I think Takahashi just opted out of DOI, knowing that Hanyu will take the center stage. He is a very proud man who is obsessed with the "ace of Japan" title. Asada skipped this event in past three years. I suspect she has a contract with IMG to do so in a way to raise the value of THE ICE. So is Kozuka.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast