Gold needs new LP asap | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gold needs new LP asap

Icey

Record Breaker
When was the last time someone missed a podium because of a costume lol (as someone suggested gold might if she didn't change costumes)?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
The costume is dreadful. They do care...it is part of presentation. The Russians lose points for bad costumes, I am convinced. Everything is wrong with this LP right down to the milkmaid hairdo and the illfitting, novice like costume. Yes, nail the jumps and it doesn't matter so much. But when Alissa gets points for presentation, it is partly her beauty and flawless packaging.

If everyone hates the costume, better she get a new one for GP season. She changed coaches, why not costume? BTW Zoueva needs to get rid of some transitions. Zoueva seems to have a weird sense of who gracie is. I'm thinking the SP has more potential-the costume is for a woman of , what, 18? It is a shame-I loved her look last year and her programs were better. Marina needs to rework it all. So far, at JO, Wagner outskated her. Gracie needs a powerful piece of music, where she can have easier jump set ups. I want an athletic vehicle where she can concentrate fully jumps. She could be 4th easily with a cleanish skate. This girl is an athlete, and that is how she needs to be seen. I am convinced both her and ash will easily be top ten, but should beat 4th and 7th.Mirai Rachael 2010. Wagner's program is growing on me. Her JO debut was darn good. Gracie needs to shine, and this aint it.

I want an amazing vehicle for Grace, this music/look is a;; wrong for her now. ugh.

cinnamon

On the Ice
I didn't follow the discussion here, so that has lead me to check it out on YT... and :eek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqcs5cqnuek&feature=player_detailpage

I have to agree with hanca. Gracie needs better costume than the current one for sure, if she is serious about going to the Games and aiming for a podium finish both at Sochi and Tokyo...:disapp:

But it's not necessarily this pink because there are hundreds of pink, you know...I would rather see something like Yukari's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkCnSFf_WSY

As for her programs this season, let's wait until how she skates at actual GPs, shall we? ;)
Yukari was 21-year-old university student then. She was definitely much more matured, and indeed it was good color for her.

And this pink for 16 years old is better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlYGfkxaL20

cinnamon

On the Ice
Zoueva seems to have a weird sense of who gracie is.
Looking back, Mao's fans felt in exactly the same way about TT made her that strong LP for Olympics last time. And what she said to Mao was "Overcome it". People, including Japanese Federation had faith in TT.
So the question is, of course we want to see every season something new from skaters, but if it's a good time try to develop new dimension from the skater right before Olympics or not.

ciocio

On the Ice
Looking back, Mao's fans felt in exactly the same way about TT made her that strong LP for Olympics last time. And what she said to Mao was "Overcome it". People, including Japanese Federation had faith in TT.
So the question is, of course we want to see every season something new from skaters, but if it's a good time try to develop new dimension from the skater right before Olympics or not.

Actually, I liked Bells of Moscow very much and I don't think she would have won gold with another program anyway. I don't understand what exactly expected fans or the Japanese Federation, Mao's result at the Olympics was good and being a fan myself I was really pleased with that unexpected choice of music.:thumbsup:

Icey

Record Breaker

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Actually, I liked Bells of Moscow very much and I don't think she would have won gold with another program anyway. I don't understand what exactly expected fans or the Japanese Federation, Mao's result at the Olympics was good and being a fan myself I was really pleased with that unexpected choice of music.:thumbsup:

Her result was good, and I agree that there was no beating Yuna in Vancouver without stronger jumps. However, BoM was so heavy and really made Mao look sluggish out there IMO. I actually don't think that music is suitable for any female skater; maybe someone like Yagudin could do something with it but it is far too heavy for a woman to skate to.