Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ice Star Minsk Belarus 17-20 Oct 2013

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Both B/S programs are so disappointing. :(

Good to see Voronov regaining consistency. Watch and learn kids, being freed from Morozov helps. :D

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm sort of losing the story on B/S's program. At the beginning, the dogs are barking. Presumably they are animals being chased by hunters. About 1/2 way through, there is a gun shot and she falls dead. In which case, why is the second f/w sequence after she is dead????

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm sort of losing the story on B/S's program. At the beginning, the dogs are barking. Presumably they are animals being chased by hunters. About 1/2 way through, there is a gun shot and she falls dead. In which case, why is the second f/w sequence after she is dead????
    spirit is walking into heaven! Or she becomes a ghost. so the body is on the ground but the ghost is doing the steps

Perhaps. But frankly, I could do without the dogs barking or the gunshot.

Next someone will skate a competitive program to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkuu0Lwb5EM

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    They are birds and they are being hunted when the program starts (hence the dogs).

Interesting concept. Shame that the actual program is a hot mess.

The original version was much better, why did Zhulin decide to change it...

Probably TAT had something to do with it, if I had to guess. Last Olymplc season as far as I remember she did quite a bit of meddling with programs.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Probably TAT had something to do with it, if I had to guess. Last Olymplc season as far as I remember she did quite a bit of meddling with programs.
    That's what I thought at first. The first version of B/S's FD was much more quirky. And last season it was TAT who forced them to add the bombastic and overused Tosca piece to their FD. But apparently this season, the idea to change the music 'came to Zhulin at night.' :P

Maybe he got scared of the program being seen as 'too weird.' :(

I generally think it's wise not to put too much stock in dreams...I wish Zhulin agreed with me. Are you sure TAT can't influence his dreams

Custom Title
    Wow... B/S... that FD concept was... never mind it's too easy.

They certainly look... frantic? It's going to take a lot for them not to medal at Sochi but they are doing their hardest to let that happen by the looks of that free dance.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Wow... B/S... that FD concept was... never mind it's too easy.

They certainly look... frantic? It's going to take a lot for them not to medal at Sochi but they are doing their hardest to let that happen by the looks of that free dance.
    Capellini/LaNotte look very polished already so early in the season so Bobrova/Soloviev will need all the politiking they can get (and we haven't seen Pechalat/Bourzat yet).

All true, and particularly frustrating since P&B competed at French Masters, but no video of their FD has ever surfaced. However, their SD has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtDo-h97Wdg

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Thanks for the link to P/B's SD. Somehow I missed it. I am not particularly impressed either. They can do better than that. So far my favourite SD out of the 2013 Worlds top 5 teams is C/L's.

I am not loving any team's SD very much so far, and not hating any team's very much either, so far.

I think perhaps the ISU's mistake was that both Finnstep sequences must be skated one after the other rather than transitional moves & elements being allowed between them, like last year's Yankee Polka. Every SD has this big undigestable lump of Finnstep dominating the program. If it's going to be that way, I'd rather they just did the Finnstep CD entire and skipped adding the other stuff.

Custom Title
    I'm wondering what the "point" of having such inflated scores truly is. The expectation has gotten so that the numbers are automatically discounted at least 10-15% by anyone else observing.

It counts toward qualifying TES scores for Euros & Worlds. But if you jack up the skaters at the bottom, you have to jack up the ones at the top higher.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast