Ice Star Minsk Belarus 17-20 Oct 2013 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ice Star Minsk Belarus 17-20 Oct 2013

Thanks for the link to P/B's SD. Somehow I missed it. I am not particularly impressed either. They can do better than that. So far my favourite SD out of the 2013 Worlds top 5 teams is C/L's.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:slink: I am not loving any team's SD very much so far, and not hating any team's very much either, so far.

I think perhaps the ISU's mistake was that both Finnstep sequences must be skated one after the other rather than transitional moves & elements being allowed between them, like last year's Yankee Polka. Every SD has this big undigestable lump of Finnstep dominating the program. If it's going to be that way, I'd rather they just did the Finnstep CD entire and skipped adding the other stuff.

lcd

Match Penalty
I'm wondering what the "point" of having such inflated scores truly is. The expectation has gotten so that the numbers are automatically discounted at least 10-15% by anyone else observing.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It counts toward qualifying TES scores for Euros & Worlds. But if you jack up the skaters at the bottom, you have to jack up the ones at the top higher.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, it's even more important at Senior B's to jack up the scores in an Olympic year