Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Really nice site, UMBS Go Blue!!! What a nice Christmas present for their fans!

All it needs is a video section, with links to their best performances :love:

wishonastar

On the Ice
I agree, would be great to have a video section to view their performances in one place w/o searching through Youtube.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Wishing Zach a very happy birthday!! (Wouldn't a podium finish be a wonderful birthday week present?)

wishonastar

On the Ice
Best of luck to Hubbell/Donahue at 4CC this week! Love their programs this year!! They have done well considering Hubbell's injuries.

blancanieves

On the Ice
http://newhavenliving.com/article-734-our-olympic-hopefuls.html

Zach Donohue

Sport: Ice dancing
Hometown: Madison

Zach Donohue and his partner, Madison Hubbell, are one of four ice dancing pairs vying for three spots. Neither has Olympic experience but they were bronze medalists at the 2012 U.S. Nationals. He went to West Woods Christian Academy in Hamden until his training schedule made home schooling a better option.

Any shout-outs to people back home?

I know this sounds corny, but honestly my mom. She has mercilessly killed herself so that I could skate. We are not a rich family so she’s had to work at the night shift at Yale University on top of two jobs during the day to provide for my skating. Without her I couldn’t do what I’m doing.

Favorite local restaurant?

We live near the two best pizza places in the world. Pepe’s and Sally’s. I love them both because they pile on as much meat for me as they possibly can whenever I go there.

What’s a must-do when you come home?

My mom and I love to go to Hammonasset. I still love going there, even though when I was younger I was stung by a jellyfish 15 times. I have both great and scarring memories.

What are you known for?

Different and interesting lifts.

wishonastar

On the Ice
Just saw on their FB page -"Good news! Madi will be back on the ice SOON!!
Memories of last year's programs, and looking forward to the magic of the new year!!! Good luck in 2014-15!!!"

Glad Madi is making such great progress on her recovery, looks like they will be ready in time for the season. :yay: