Schedule & TV Streams Skate America | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams Skate America

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
EDIT: THERE HAVE BEEN SCHEDULE CHANGES SINCE I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS. LAST UPDATED ON 17th October 2013, 21:10 BST

Good news and bad news.

The good news is that Eurosport ARE covering Skate America!!!! :biggrin:

The bad news is, they are showing so little of it that they may as well not be. :mad:

The other bad news is that tv.eurosport.com (Eurosport International schedule) is still re-directing to tv.eurosport.co.uk (British Eurosport schedule) for me, so I still can’t view the schedules for Eurosport International. Grrrr!!!!! :bang:

(For advice on guessing the Eurosport International schedule, see my post about the Eurosport schedules in the "Good news everyone! (Nebelhorn)" thread)

But, I have sent an e-mail complaining. So, maybe they will realise the inconvenience it is causing. :think:

CaroLiza_fan

NOTE: Europe is currently on Daylight Savings Time. So, BST (British Summer Time) is GMT+1, and CEST (Central European Summer Time) is GMT+2

Eurosport Deutschland (All times CEST*)

Sunday 20th October 2013
ESP1 21:00 – 21:45 Pairs Free LIVE
ESP1 21:45 – 22:15 Free Dance
ESP1 22:15 – 00:15 Ladies Free LIVE

*Europe is currently on Daylight Savings Time. So, CEST (Central European Summer Time) is GMT+2

Eurosport France (All times CEST*)

Saturday 19th October 2013
ESP1 20:00 – 21:00 Ladies Short LIVE
ESP1 21:00 – 21:45 Pairs Short
ESP1 23:30 – 00:00 XXXX (Presumably Ladies Free LIVE)

Sunday 20th October 2013
ESP1 21:00 – 21:45 Pairs Free LIVE
ESP1 23:15 – 00:15 Ladies Free LIVE

Monday 21st October 2013
ESP1 00:15 – 01:15 Free Dance

*Europe is currently on Daylight Savings Time. So, CEST (Central European Summer Time) is GMT+2

British Eurosport (All times BST*)

Saturday 19th October 2013
BES1 22:00 – 23:00 Men’s Short
BES1 23:00 – 00:00 Short Dance

Sunday 20th October 2013
BES1 00:00 – 00:45 Short Pairs
BES1 19:00 – 20:00 Ladies Short
BES1 20:00 – 20:45 Free Pairs LIVE
BES1 20:45 – 21:15 Free Dance
BES1 21:15 – 22:15 Men's Free
BES1 22:15 – 23:15 Ladies Free LIVE

*Europe is currently on Daylight Savings Time. So, BST (British Summer Time) is GMT+1

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Don't know if this is of any use to viewers outside Holland (videostream, maybe?) but our schedule shows some other times, notably:
Saturday am 10.45-11.45 Men Short
Sat am 11.45-12.45 Short Dance

Ladies and Pairs Short are as France's schedule in the evening, Sunday's schedule is the same as Britain's (all times + one hour).

Bea

On the Ice
^It's the same for us in Hungary. Would that be the schedule of Eurosport International?
And the schedule for Sunday changed here. Instead of getting the ladies free from 22:15, they will show the men free skating for an hour and will only stream the ladies free after that. It's good and bad at the same time. Good beacuse beforehands Eurosport didn't plan to show the men free skating at all which bothered me. But bad because we will get less live coverage. I hope there will be videos on Youtube about the programs that we won't get to see on Eurosport!
Unfortunately the gala is still missing on Eurosport's schedule. :(

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't know if this is of any use to viewers outside Holland (videostream, maybe?) but our schedule shows some other times, notably:
Saturday am 10.45-11.45 Men Short
Sat am 11.45-12.45 Short Dance

Ladies and Pairs Short are as France's schedule in the evening, Sunday's schedule is the same as Britain's (all times + one hour).

^It's the same for us in Hungary. Would that be the schedule of Eurosport International?
And the schedule for Sunday changed here. Instead of getting the ladies free from 22:15, they will show the men free skating for an hour and will only stream the ladies free after that. It's good and bad at the same time. Good beacuse beforehands Eurosport didn't plan to show the men free skating at all which bothered me. But bad because we will get less live coverage. I hope there will be videos on Youtube about the programs that we won't get to see on Eurosport!
Unfortunately the gala is still missing on Eurosport's schedule. :(

Thank you both for the updates on the schedule. I just checked the British Eurosport schedule, and it has changed too. So, I'll just go now and check the various Eurosport websites so that I can update all my lists in post 1.

I would guess that Hungary is the same as International. But, as I say, I can't check because of they are re-directing me to the British Eurosport schedule.

Could somebody elsewhere in Europe do me a favour and check if they are re-directed to their own country's Eurosport when they try to visit the schedule for International? Or, is it just the UK visitors?

http://tv.eurosport.com

Thank you again for letting us know about the changes

CaroLiza_fan

Bea

On the Ice
Could somebody elsewhere in Europe do me a favour and check if they are re-directed to their own country's Eurosport when they try to visit the schedule for International? Or, is it just the UK visitors?

http://tv.eurosport.com

The same thing happens to me as well, the difference of course is that I get redirected to the website of Hungarian Eurosport.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The same thing happens to me as well, the difference of course is that I get redirected to the website of Hungarian Eurosport.

Thank you for the info, Bea.

So, it looks like it is a network-wide policy, and not just a UK only thing.

Perhaps we should all complain to Eurosport, so that they realise the annoyance that it is causing.

In fact, I might just post the e-mail I sent them onto their Facebook page...

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you for the info, Bea.

So, it looks like it is a network-wide policy, and not just a UK only thing.

Perhaps we should all complain to Eurosport, so that they realise the annoyance that it is causing.

In fact, I might just post the e-mail I sent them onto their Facebook page...

CaroLiza_fan

I've just posted the e-mail to the Eurosport Facebook page.

Unfortunately, Eurosport don't let people post comments to their wall or send them a private message. So I had to post it as a review. And, people can't reply to reviews. Grrrr!!! :mad:

So, to let Eurosport know that I am not the only one annoyed, you'll either have to leave a review yourself, or else "Like" my review.

The Eurosport Facebook is (unsurprisingly!) found at: https://www.facebook.com/Eurosport

I really hope they take the hint because this re-directing is a real nuisance, and not at all user-friendly!

CaroLiza_fan

seniorita

Record Breaker
It doesnt redirect me anywhere, probably because there isnt a page in my country to go to. There is no live streaming of event somewhere?i guess men start in 3 hours?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It doesnt redirect me anywhere, probably because there isnt a page in my country to go to. There is no live streaming of event somewhere?i guess men start in 3 hours?

As far as I know, there isn't any livestreaming tonight. But, I'll be in bed long before today's competitions start, anyway!

I'm just going to wait until Eurosport shows the Men's Short and Short Dance tomorrow night. Well, if that is what they are showing (I'm not sure, as some of the other programme descriptions don't agree with the event schedule...)

I'll post a link for the Eurosport streams just before the skating broadcasts start tomorrow night.

CaroLiza_fan

Bea

On the Ice
Don't forget that you could also try Eurosport International tomorrow morning at 10:45 CEST for the Men's Short and the Short Dance! That's when they will be shown at least in the Netherlands and Hungary. Probably somewhere else too. So Eurosport International's schedule might be the same too. I think it's definately worth a try.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't forget that you could also try Eurosport International tomorrow morning at 10:45 CEST for the Men's Short and the Short Dance! That's when they will be shown at least in the Netherlands and Hungary. Probably somewhere else too. So Eurosport International's schedule might be the same too. I think it's definately worth a try.

Thank you Bea. I'm going out now, so I won't be at home while that showing is on :(

But, for those that do want to watch it (it starts 1hr after the time this message was posted), Eurosport International can be viewed on:

Eurosport International 1 Stream

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The other bad news is that tv.eurosport.com (Eurosport International schedule) is still re-directing to tv.eurosport.co.uk (British Eurosport schedule) for me, so I still can’t view the schedules for Eurosport International. Grrrr!!!!! :bang:

(For advice on guessing the Eurosport International schedule, see my post about the Eurosport schedules in the "Good news everyone! (Nebelhorn)" thread)

But, I have sent an e-mail complaining. So, maybe they will realise the inconvenience it is causing. :think:

Just got a reply to the e-mail I sent to Eurosport

Here is the original message I sent:

Hello

I would just like to make a complaint about the TV schedule pages on your website.

For the past few weeks, whenever I try to view the schedules for Eurosport International on tv.eurosport.com , it has been re-directing me to tv.eursport.co.uk , which only shows the schedules for British Eurosport.

The reason that this is causing annoyance for me is that I am a member of an international forum for a particular sport. And over the years, it has become my role to post the times of when Eurosport is showing coverage of that sport, as the members think Eurosport's commentary team are the best!

As we all know, the different versions of Eurosport 1 and 2 have different schedules. And, as we also all know, British Eurosport has the rights to a lot of sports that Eurosport International does not. So, the schedules are frequently VERY different.

So, I go through the schedules of each Eurosport, and make a list of when each Eurosport are showing this sport.

Although I can still access all the other variations' schedules, I now cannot access the schedules for Eurosport International. This is a big problem considering that this is the variation that most of my audience will be watching on.

Even when I go to www.eurosport.com and select my country setting as Eurosport International, and tell it to remember my country setting, it still re-directs me when I go into the TV schedules.

Yes, I can guess what the Eurosport International schedule is based on the schedule of Eurosport Deutschland. But I also know that Eurosport Deutschland shows a lot of live handball when Eurosport International are showing other things.

So, could you please tell your webmasters to stop assuming that all UK visitors want to visit tv.eurosport.co.uk, and instead let them visit tv.eurosport.com if they want to.

Thank you

Gordon​

And here is the reply I recieved:

Hello and thank you for your query.

We only make the listings available for the British Eurosport channels as these are the only channels which can be received in the UK.

We used to have the International schedule available due to Eurosport HD being a simulcast of Eurosport International, however now that the British Eurosport channels and both gone HD we longer have this channel in the UK and therefore don’t feel the need to list it.

I hope this helps.

UK Communications
British Eurosport
E: [email protected]
T: 0845 672 1010 / +44 208 8181 499
Follow us on Twitter! @EurosportUKTV​

Or, in other words, "Tough: we're not changing it back"

Oh well! I will just have to find another way to work out the schedules for Eurosport International. I'll probably just compare Eurosport Deutschland (Eiskunstlauf) with the versions that Bea suggests, Eurosport Magyarország (Mûkorcsolya) and Eurosport Nederland (Kunstschaatsen), and try to work it out from there!

Life is never easy when it comes to dealing with big companies! :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan