Exciting Chinese pair | Golden Skate

Exciting Chinese pair

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
finally, a possible heir to Chinese pairs
China's pairs is a little depleted with no depth but they have better future than overhyped Sui/Han whom Sui went on and outgrew midget Han ? are they even still together ?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
They have a lovely quality to them. I feel like they might be trying to be a bit of a Shen/Zhao v.2.0, but they're more elegant than Sui/Han. Their lifts need to be cleaned up, but their throw and twist are superb.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
They are definitely very promising. However, they seem to have the same issues of most other Chinese pairs now--single jumps are not normally holding up. Shen/Zhao were very strong in their single jumps.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
They are definitely very promising. However, they seem to have the same issues of most other Chinese pairs now--single jumps are not normally holding up. Shen/Zhao were very strong in their single jumps.

That will come with time. I think for a junior pair, their solo jumps are quite decent. Their 3T is a bit eked out but the 2A-2A was a clean as you like; they still have unison and flow coming out of their jumps. It's their lifts that need the most work, IMO.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They have a lovely quality to them. I feel like they might be trying to be a bit of a Shen/Zhao v.2.0, but they're more elegant than Sui/Han. Their lifts need to be cleaned up, but their throw and twist are superb.

How promising! Agree on the throws and twist... trademark Chinese pair skating. There were some wonderful transitions, too.

To nitpick: The only parts of the program I winced at were the death spiral near the beginning... which is inventive, but ugly... and her position in the last lift.

Still, a rock solid foundation on which to grow!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
How promising! Agree on the throws and twist... trademark Chinese pair skating. There were some wonderful transitions, too.

To nitpick: The only parts of the program I winced at were the death spiral near the beginning... which is inventive, but ugly... and her position in the last lift.

Still, a rock solid foundation on which to grow!

Indeed! The death spiral is actually an homage to Shen and Zhao who did death spirals like that. The position in her last lift is a flexibility issue. To be fair, that split position is really hard to achieve if you don't have excellent flexibility. Wakamatsu/Fecteau were quite good at that lift if I recall.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Indeed! The death spiral is actually an homage to Shen and Zhao who did death spirals like that. The position in her last lift is a flexibility issue. To be fair, that split position is really hard to achieve if you don't have excellent flexibility. Wakamatsu/Fecteau were quite good at that lift if I recall.

I agree with the flexibility issue. Siu/Han does a much better job probably because Siu is more flexible, and shorter so it is easier to control. I think if you cannot make it a straight line of your legs, you should abandon that position. It will only look good when the legs are in a complete split position in the air.