Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alena Leonova will miss Skate Canada due to injury

Custom Title
    Realistically, after her dreadful 2012-2013 season, Leonova would have had to have a kickass GP season with a GPF medal, and then WIN Russian Nationals to have any shot at an Olympic berth. Now that she's out of SC, her chances are slim to none. She was 7th at 2013 Nationals and probably won't do much better next time. I'm afraid that at 22, Alena's time at the top has come and gone.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Leonova was a non factor, her cahnces of making Sochi were almost zero
    don't get our hopes up for B/S they will be in Ice Star Minsk this coming weekend

don't you have Osmond to worry about with her foot injury ? , your sole heir to Canadian Women's glory and Team Canada, lmao
    I don't know what you are talking about "my" sole heir to Canadian Women's glory. Maybe your's? my point is that unfortunately Russia is have a strong of injuries and hopefully they will be able to compete. I was not thinking or talking about Canada, my USA or whatever. It would be nice to see all the best skate.

Custom Title
    she's not getting any solid 3-3's nor landing clean triples how does that have a chance ?
    and the injury just nailed her coffin.

sorry I mean the overhyped-inflated Omsond that you so brag about and will crush anyone including the inconsistent russians,
    Ah, I don't like to get personal but I don't like being attacked like most humans. I have never said a lot of good things about Osmond's skating - you must be getting confused or something. I have said I didn't like her dresses and I don't find anything special about her but she is still young and inexperienced. It is as though you don't like her for some reason. She isn't bad and I suppose I agree sometimes her marks are invlated as are many others ie Kostner et al.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I wouldn't say her chances of getting on the team are nil at this point but she's not first, second or even third choice. She'd have to have a great GP season (or rather a great 2nd GP event) and kill it at nationals to get one of those two spots. I think she'll have a very tough time getting past Julia, Liza, Adelina and Elena, even though Elena is too young to go.
    Probably true. I still wonder though, if she has shown her programs somewhere. Almost all skaters have been to a competition or some sort of exhibition. I would like to see something from her this season before I say this or that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I have said I didn't like her dresses and I don't find anything special about her but she is still young and inexperienced. It is as though you don't like her for some reason. She isn't bad and I suppose I agree sometimes her marks are invlated as are many others ie Kostner et al.
    Osmond of course she is young and inexperienced while Gracie and co. are up and down and inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Probably true. I still wonder though, if she has shown her programs somewhere. Almost all skaters have been to a competition or some sort of exhibition. I would like to see something from her this season before I say this or that.
    she will skate in Mishin Cup in last of October

Quote Originally Posted by KatEll View Post
    Haven't you figured it out yet? YOU are the one hyping Osmond most, with every thread you derailed into Osmond bashing. YOU are the one who first mentioned Osmond in this thread. YOU are the one keeping her name up in flashing neon lights. Just as was inferred in the Gold hype thread, in the end nobody is going to remember what was said. Especially from you. But they will certainly remember Osmond's popular name. Too bad, so sad. You are not even getting paid for all that publicity.

Let me help. OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND.
    No charge, that was free.
    nice, a double account
    you must a PR team, congrats

On the Ice
    Glad that she should be back in time for another event and for NHK

Banned
    Alena Leonova...lol. Did you see her at Worlds last year? Hilarious. She is past her prime (whatever that was)...time to move on to dance shows in Russia, Alena!!!

Custom Title
    I'd like to se eher skate before I wrote her off. I mean if people are still believing in Alissa should not there be some vocal supporters of Alena. I am not fond of her skating but I have appreciated some of her cleaner routines.

On the Ice
    nice, a double account
    you must a PR team, congrats
    Try again.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I'd like to se eher skate before I wrote her off. I mean if people are still believing in Alissa should not there be some vocal supporters of Alena. I am not fond of her skating but I have appreciated some of her cleaner routines.
    I would agree with you but being that so much of skating is based off of reputation and momentum, Alena is basically at the bottom of the heap right now.

She was horrible last year which killed her reputation with the judges as well as the decent momentum she'd built from season before last when she placed 2nd at worlds. Since then Julia has gotten her name on the score board and is building her name up...Liza and Adelina are struggling but they did well enough to medal at nationals and Europeans in addition to placing ahead of Alena at worlds.

Alena will have to start from scratch this season with virtually zero room for error. She has to knock NHK out of the park b/c she won't get the opportunity to compete again until nationals. Smaller events are smart for her to get her programs out there but I don't think it'd make much of a difference. Heading into the Olympics and especially with Russia having only 2 spots, the officials are going to want to see the candidates for the team in action against the best...not a bunch of 4th, 5th and 6th tier skaters.

It's going to be tough for Alena and nationals will be brutal. There are half a dozen skaters who can out-jump and out-spin her. It's not impossible but it's very unlikely she'll make the team...

Custom Title
    Look who Leonova is facing at NHK: Asada and Suzuki on home ice, plus Li, Gold, and Radionova. I can't see Leonova triumphing over all of them or even two of them, which means no podium for Alena.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2