Alena Leonova will miss Skate Canada due to injury | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alena Leonova will miss Skate Canada due to injury

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Haven't you figured it out yet? :rolleye: YOU are the one hyping Osmond most, with every thread you derailed into Osmond bashing. YOU are the one who first mentioned Osmond in this thread. YOU are the one keeping her name up in flashing neon lights. Just as was inferred in the Gold hype thread, in the end nobody is going to remember what was said. Especially from you. But they will certainly remember Osmond's popular name. Too bad, so sad. You are not even getting paid for all that publicity. :laugh:

Let me help. OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND, OSMOND.
No charge, that was free.

nice, a double account :laugh:
you must a PR team, congrats

bump

Match Penalty
Alena Leonova...lol. Did you see her at Worlds last year? Hilarious. She is past her prime (whatever that was)...time to move on to dance shows in Russia, Alena!!!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I'd like to se eher skate before I wrote her off. I mean if people are still believing in Alissa should not there be some vocal supporters of Alena. I am not fond of her skating but I have appreciated some of her cleaner routines.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'd like to se eher skate before I wrote her off. I mean if people are still believing in Alissa should not there be some vocal supporters of Alena. I am not fond of her skating but I have appreciated some of her cleaner routines.

I would agree with you but being that so much of skating is based off of reputation and momentum, Alena is basically at the bottom of the heap right now.

She was horrible last year which killed her reputation with the judges as well as the decent momentum she'd built from season before last when she placed 2nd at worlds. Since then Julia has gotten her name on the score board and is building her name up...Liza and Adelina are struggling but they did well enough to medal at nationals and Europeans in addition to placing ahead of Alena at worlds.

Alena will have to start from scratch this season with virtually zero room for error. She has to knock NHK out of the park b/c she won't get the opportunity to compete again until nationals. Smaller events are smart for her to get her programs out there but I don't think it'd make much of a difference. Heading into the Olympics and especially with Russia having only 2 spots, the officials are going to want to see the candidates for the team in action against the best...not a bunch of 4th, 5th and 6th tier skaters.

It's going to be tough for Alena and nationals will be brutal. There are half a dozen skaters who can out-jump and out-spin her. It's not impossible but it's very unlikely she'll make the team...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Look who Leonova is facing at NHK: Asada and Suzuki on home ice, plus Li, Gold, and Radionova. I can't see Leonova triumphing over all of them or even two of them, which means no podium for Alena.