SA Articles, Photos, Videos and Fluff! | Golden Skate

SA Articles, Photos, Videos and Fluff!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
IN has aired teleconferences with US skaters competing at Skate America. They do not require an IN login to listen to. There is no video, though.

All four teleconferences can be found at this link:

http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/59551286/

Davis & White SKAM teleconference

Ashley Wagner SKAM teleconference

Max Aaron SKAM teleconference

Castelli & Shnapir teleconference

ice coverage

Record Breaker
(1) Grand Prix Revs Up in Ice Dance Hub of Detroit
Created on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 00:27
by Jacquelyn Thayer | Photo by Melanie Hoyt
http://www.ice-dance.com/main/2013-2014-previews/1717-grand-prix-revs-up-in-ice-dance-hub-of-detroit

(2) TSL's website has a text article (not a video) on the topic of 5 Things to Watch for at Skate America.
The article is not written by Kirk or Lease -- the author is someone different.

IN has aired teleconferences with US skaters competing at Skate America. They do not require an IN login to listen to. There is no video, though.

All four teleconferences can be found at this link:

http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topic/59551286/

Thx for the link to the media calls, Doris. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
1:45 behind-the-scenes video report by Tara Lipinski as a preview of Skate America for the local NBC station in Detroit:

I think all of it was taped on Thursday.
Includes footage of Ashley Wagner practicing on the ice; a glimpse of men's practice (I think the Japanese men are the ice, although their faces are not shown clearly enough to identify them individually); and a brief shot of Max Aaron in the warm-up area.

ETA:

(1) Scroll down at same link above for slideshow of 21 photos.

(2) Earlier 2:34 video report by Lipinski about elite skaters training in Detroit. Posted Oct 16.

I have not viewed this second vid, but earlier this week Lipinski had been tweeting lots of photos of herself interviewing skaters from DSC, Team Canton, etc. Now I understand why.​

samson

Medalist
Nice work Tara. I'm hot and cold on her commentary but she really seems to be settling into her on camera persona.

Thanks for posting that, golden411!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
(2) TSL's website has a text article (not a video) on the topic of 5 Things to Watch for at Skate America.
The article is not written by Kirk or Lease -- the author is someone different.

The author is Aaron Harris, who tweets at @skating102. Harris used to blog at Axels, Loops and Spins. His blogging caught the attention of Panasonic, who selected Harris to blog for them during the 2010 Olympics.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Nice work Tara. I'm hot and cold on her commentary but she really seems to be settling into her on camera persona.

Thanks for posting that, golden411!

You're welcome, samson. :)

FYI, I just now (before I saw your post) was editing my post above to add a link to a second Lipinski video.