Read the rules of the road | Golden Skate

Read the rules of the road

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Got my tickets today. Due to the Boston Bombing, I think, the rules have tightened up a bit. I would read the rules on the official website carefully.
Normally, one does not know how tightly the rules are followed by the staff till one gets to an event, but in light of the bombing, I think we might assume
that they could indeed be followed closely. It is a pain to get to an event that is far away from one's hotel only to be told to loose the big oversized bag/"purse".
Camera policy is the standard "6 in/ 200 mm lens" one.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I just bought this one from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Medium-Clear-...52311&sr=1-1&keywords=clear+plastic+tote+bags. It has a narrow black band and handles and a black bottom. It should be just big enough for the scorebook (which I usually purchase), binoculars or camera, and the usual tissues, money, id, tickets, plus my diabetes supplies and other medications.

Actually I am really concerned that the plastic tote may not be permitted so I also purchased a reusable nylon bag which I can scrunch up and put in my purse and then pull out and use for my scorebook and binoculars. They come in all shapes and sizes, but here is the one I purchased http://www.amazon.com/Flifa=p-Tumbl...382453029&sr=1-1&keywords=nylon+shopping+bags. I am also taking along a few of the disposable plastic bags I get at the grocery store. The disposable bags are ok but they tend to split fairly easily.

I think maybe I am getting a little carried away with this :laugh:!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don't think its overkill.

There's a reason these are being sold as "stadium bags"...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I don't think you are getting carried away....you have to be ready for any contingency at these events....I like to carry a zippered three ring binder to carry the program and media guide in, plus my notes....like which subway to take to get back to the hotel!
I just bought this one from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Medium-Clear-...52311&sr=1-1&keywords=clear+plastic+tote+bags. It has a narrow black band and handles and a black bottom. It should be just big enough for the scorebook (which I usually purchase), binoculars or camera, and the usual tissues, money, id, tickets, plus my diabetes supplies and other medications.

Actually I am really concerned that the plastic tote may not be permitted so I also purchased a reusable nylon bag which I can scrunch up and put in my purse and then pull out and use for my scorebook and binoculars. They come in all shapes and sizes, but here is the one I purchased http://www.amazon.com/Flifa=p-Tumbl...382453029&sr=1-1&keywords=nylon+shopping+bags. I am also taking along a few of the disposable plastic bags I get at the grocery store. The disposable bags are ok but they tend to split fairly easily.

I think maybe I am getting a little carried away with this :laugh:!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't think you are getting carried away....you have to be ready for any contingency at these events....I like to carry a zippered three ring binder to carry the program and media guide in, plus my notes....like which subway to take to get back to the hotel!

My husband does the three-ring binder thing too! We have an excess of three-ring binders, so this is pretty easy to do.

I also like to keep all our documents electronically on a site like Evernote, which also would come handy as my iPhone (which has the Evernote app) fits easily in a small bag.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yes, I like my hard copies but I think I will again put the media guide (182 pages) and the Media Guide to the Nationals (92 pages) on my tablet....but I am old an prefer paper over punching screens....
My husband does the three-ring binder thing too! We have an excess of three-ring binders, so this is pretty easy to do.

I also like to keep all our documents electronically on a site like Evernote, which also would come handy as my iPhone (which has the Evernote app) fits easily in a small bag.